Friday, January 15, 2010

In My Mailbox (Jan. 17, 2010)


The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits.


Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.







I got two books that I won in contests this week. (I have never won anything before and am very excited.) I got Something to Blog About from KarinLibrarian and part of the Holiday Break Reading Challenge and I got an ARC of Spellbinder by Karen Stringer from Kristen at Bookworming in the 21st Century. Kristen also sent along a really cool 3-D bookmark that immediately replaced my shabby bookmark in the book I'm reading right now. Thanks, ladies, for the really cool prizes.




I added the books by Mari Mancusi to my collection because I really like vampire books and somehow I missed these when they first came out. I see that a fourth book is either newly published or will be shortly. I need to catch up.


I also added Aurelia by Anne Osterlund. I liked Academy 7 which she also wrote. This one sounds good.
I added The Medusa Project: The Set Up by Sophie McKenzie because it got good reviews on a blog I was reading and I decided I had to have it.
I had been thinking about Boneshaker by Cherie Priest for a while trying to decide if I wanted it. This week, after reading another positive review, I decided to get it.
Freaksville by Kitty Keswick is a book by a 2010 Debut YA Author. I'll be reading this one as part of a challenge.

I just found this really neat trailer for the book too:







This is what I got this week. What did you get?

6 comments:

  1. Yay, congrats for winning books! And thanks for posting the trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books. Congrats on winning. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your winnings! :-) I hope you enjoy these books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great group of books! Congratulations on winning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning books! That's always fun.

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1-17-10.html

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!