Saturday, February 6, 2010

In My Mailbox (Feb. 7, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits.

Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

Here is what I got this week:


The House Under the Sand by Kage Baker -- This is Ms. Baker's only middle grade book. She wrote science fiction for adults. It has gotten good reviews.

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan and The Battle for the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan. I needed books 4 and 5 in this series to go with the boxed set of the first three that I got at Christmas time. The movie comes out next week.



L. A. Candy by Lauren Conrad will help me expand the kind of books I read. It is not a paranormal book.

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. I was shopping at Amazon and needed to buy four books for the price of three. Since I have never read anything by Dessen, I decided to try this one as my free book.

The Vampire Diaries Vol. 2 by L. J. Smith -- I recently finished Vol. 1 and want to know what happens next.

  

Golden, Tattoo and Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes were chosen because I have never read anything by her. I know she has a new book coming out soon called Raised by Wolves which I really want to read. I thought I would try these first.

I also won a book this week from Karin at Karin's Book Nook. The book is The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg. It is a book by a 2010 YA Debut Author (even though it was published on Dec. 29, 2009.)


Don't they look good?

19 comments:

  1. I love those Percy Jackson covers...as well as THUTS cover! Hope you have fun reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good! My son and I have been enjoying the Percy Jackson series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great choices! I really want to read Lonely Hearts Club! Awesome win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golden, Tattoo and Fate look good! I hope you enjoy all of your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouuu the Lonely Hearts Club! I've wanted to read that!

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-2-6-10.html

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books you got this week. There are a lot of really good sounding ones there. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Percy Jackson is great and I love Sarah Dessen, too. I also just received Lonely Hearts Club and will be starting it this week! Let me know what you think about it! I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great books this week! I've only read one book by Kage Baker (a steampunk novella) but I really enjoyed it. Sadly I think the author is very ill if she hasn't passed away already but still, her books are excellent. Enjoy.

    Emily
    What Book is That?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great book!!!!!! I can't wait for the Percy Jackson movie. Have fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so want to read The Lonely Hearts Club. Enjoy that one!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lots of great books! hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read LA Candy. Sarah Dessen is amazing, I love The Truth about forever by her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just started reading the Percy Jackson series, and I'm really enjoying it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool week, hope you love Just Listen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great books you got thsi week. I havent read any of the books you got but they all look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice looking haul of books this week.
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great books! Hope you enjoy them all :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really want to read Just Listen. It sounds great.

    I don't know if you entered the Holey Donuts giveaway or not, but if you could check out this post and do so for my blog, it would mean a TON for my family and you can enter for the book afterwards too if you wish (White Cat by Holly Black ARC)!:

    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2010/02/giveaway-white-cat-arc-250-holey-donuts.html

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!