Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Want to Read Wednesday Feb. 10


Want to Read Wednesday was started by Robbie at Boy With Books. Each week we share a book in our TBR pile that we just haven't gotten to yet, but we really want to read it or a book that's already out that we really look forward to reading.


Dragon's Heart
Author: Jane Yolen
Publication: Harcourt Children's Books (May 4, 2009)
 
Summary from Amazon: Austar IV isn't the planet it once was, and when Jakkin and Akki finally return to the dragon nursery, their homecoming arouses mixed emotions. Together they've survived the insurmountable, and now they can weather the brutal conditions of Dark After and communicate with the dragons they love. But with this knowledge comes responsibility. What they've learned about survival could transform the planet--or, if entrusted to the wrong hands, bring about its destruction. Akki's insistence that she return to the Rokk to finish her training and begin new experiments drives a chasm between her and Jakkin. Suddenly she finds herself in the midst of a political battle that could claim her life. Only Jakkin can save her. If only he could reach her. . . .


Why I want to read it: There has been a 12 year gap since the last book in this series. I remember enjoying the other books and really want to know what happens next. The first three books have come with me during three moves and the shelf purgings that accompanied each move.
 
I think that I would do better if I read the first three again though since it has been years since I read the first three.
 
Books in the Series:
  1. Dragon's Blood (1982)
  2. Heart's Blood (1984)
  3. A Sending of Dragons (1987)

3 comments:

  1. to tell the truth, i never heard of this one. i think always left behind *sigh* too may books and too little time.=(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My want to read list is too long to list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously?! These books are old favorites of mine, I'm so excited that there's a new one coming out. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!