Saturday, March 13, 2010

In my Mailbox (March 14, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits.

Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was a slow week for me. I tried not to buy too many because I am so far behind in reading what is on my TBR stack.

The Hollow
Author: Jessica Verday
Publication: Simon Pulse (September 1, 2009)

Description: When Abbey's best friend, Kristen, vanishes at the bridge near Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, everyone else is all too quick to accept that Kristen is dead?and rumors fly that her death was no accident. Abbey goes through the motions of mourning her best friend, but privately, she refuses to believe that Kristen is really gone. Then she meets Caspian, the gorgeous and mysterious boy who shows up out of nowhere at Kristen's funeral, and keeps reappearing in Abbey's life. Caspian clearly has secrets of his own, but he's the only person who makes Abbey feel normal again...but also special.

Just when Abbey starts to feel that she might survive all this, she learns a secret that makes her question everything she thought she knew about her best friend. How could Kristen have kept silent about so much? And could this secret have led to her death? As Abbey struggles to understand Kristen's betrayal, she uncovers a frightening truth that nearly unravels her—one that will challenge her emerging love for Caspian, as well as her own sanity.

The Singing
Author: Alison Croggon
Publication: Candlewick (March 9, 2010)

Description: In a battle-ravaged land, Maerad, Cadvan, and Hem desperately search for one another as they make their separate journeys. The Black Army is advancing, and all of the Seven Kingdoms are threatened with devastating defeat. Yet in Maerad and Hem lives the secret to the mysterious Singing, and legend holds that if they release the music of Elidhu together, they have the power to defeat the Nameless One. Can brother and sister find each other in time—and are they strong enough, even reunited—to defeat the supreme enemy before all is lost?

I have the first three books in this series on my TBR stack and am determined to read them this year (as part of my 2010 TBR Challenge and Bottoms Up Reading Challenge). So I wanted to make sure that I had all the books before I began.

That was my week. How was yours?
  

10 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the Hollow. I seen good reviews on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two books is better than no books so it's a good week haha. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hollow looks really interesting! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaay for The Singing! I really love that series and I hope you enjoy reading the last book.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice books! Enjoy and happy reading! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week! I think I'll have to add them both to my TBR list. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look intriguing. I had never heard of The Singing before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time hearing about The Singing. Might google it to learn more about the series. Hope you enjoy reading your books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got The Hollow and am really excited to read it. I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen the Hollow before, it looks interesting. Enjoy your books. Here'smine

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!