Saturday, March 20, 2010

In My Mailbox (March 21, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits.

Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

**************

This was a good week for me. I added a number of YA books to my TBR stack this week. These are by YA Debut Authors.

The Body Finder by Kim Derting has been on my wishlist since I first saw reviews months ago. It is finally out and finally mine.

Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt has had a number of positive reviews. The cover and blurb are cute. And I love the pink. It is a little outside of my usual taste but looks like fun.

Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn is the first YA release by an author that I already read. I am looking forward to see how she combines modern life and dragons.

I also got these other new YAs this week because I have heard so much about them on the blogsphere and thought they would be interesting for me and my students.


The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry has great cover. I think I bought the book for that alone.

Wish You Were Dead by Todd Strasser had an intriguing blurb. I have seen Todd Strasser's books around but don't think I have ever read one.

A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker just sounded so interesting. I think I have bunches of students who will like this one.



I have heard good things about the Conspiracy 365 books by Gabrielle Lord and thought I would try January and February out. They sound comparable to the 39 Clues books that my students are really enjoying. I had to get these from the Book Depository as Amazon couldn't ship them. I was very pleased with the rapid delivery and will be buying books there again.

I also ordered Instead of Three Wishes by Megan Whalen Turner for my Kindle. I didn't know she had written that book. I have read the Attolia series and donated the books to my HS Media Center. I loved them. In fact, I loved them so much that I bought the Kindle versions for myself this week.


I also borrowed some books from our most recent book order at the Elementary Media Center.


Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Linn is an award winner this year that I have been curious about.

Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians by Jarrett J. Krosoczka intrigued me when I saw it on someone's blog recently.  Graphic novels are very popular in both my media centers. I am not a big fan - but I do like librarians.

Sent by Margaret Peterson Haddix is the sequel to Found which I have read and did enjoy. I am eager to see what happens next.

That is my mailbox. What was in yours this week?

9 comments:

  1. Great books! I can't wait to see your thoughts on Voices of Dragons since it looks amazing! Oh, and I think your students are going to love A Match Made in High School! Since it's such a cute read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got so many great books. I've been wanting to read A Match Made in Highschool. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! I really want to read A Match Made In High School. I'm looking forward to your review. I hope you enjoy The Body Finder- I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books this week! Have heard good things about The Body Finder, so will keep an eye out for your review. Love the cover of Wish You Were Dead! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Amaranth Enchantment is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books! I'm reading Conspiracy 365 January to my students and they are loving it. Lots of action. I'm curious to see how it will carry out through 12 books! I'm planning on going to buy The Body Finder today. Very excited to read it. and I'll be watching for your thoughts on The Lunch Lady book. We watched the book trailer and the kids thought it looked good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you sure got a lot of books this week! I'm looking forward to reading a few of these titles. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the books on the first 2 lines look great! I've just ordered A Match Made in High School. Can't wait for it to arrive :) Here's Minet

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!