Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Break Reading Challenge #4: Blog Designs and Widgets


Your task:


Create a post explaining what it is you would like to be able to do on your blog.
  • Is there something you really want to create, but don't know how?
  • Would you like your blog design to be different?
  • What about organization? Is there something about the arrangement you want to change?
If you feel comfortable enough with the blog use you, feel free to take this time to make some changes and tell us what you did.


**********************************
I'm currently really happy with the design of my blog. I have made the changes that I think I need to make to make it "designed" enough for me. There are a number of sources of information I use when I want to make a design change.

Kate at The Neverending Shelf runs an ocassional feature called Design It Up that gives me good ideas for tweaks. I have learned to create a labels dropdown menu and learned how to put my signature at the end of my posts automatically. I use My Live Signature for that.

I also follow a blog named Blogger Sentral for design tips. I learned how to put widgets into scroll boxes there.

I am not afraid to search the web for html language to do various things or to ask other bloggers for assistance. I was seeing progress bars on people's posts and wanted to know how to do it. So I asked the blogger what she used. She directed me to the Nonowrimo word-meter and told me how to change it.

I did an internet search for free blogger backgrounds to choose my current background. And I added a bunch of other sites with free backgrounds to my Delicious account so that I could change it up if I got tired of this one.

Somewhere I even have instructions to make an interactive buttons like Karin is talking about. I don't know Photoshop and have never used it. That would be something to learn for the future.

I did change my signature this weekend just for a little tweak.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Ms. Martin ... Can you tell me how/where you got your labels list to be a drop-down list? Thanks in advance and for all the links you provided!
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links. They are really helpful.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!