Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break Reading Challenge Activity 8: Progress Report


Here is a brief summary of what I have done since March 12.
  • I have worked every day. We have April 2 and April 5 for Spring Break this year.
  • I had a meeting with my insurance agent to make sure I'm covered properly.
  • As a result, I have contacted the people at the Driver's Improvement Center to get documentation that I have taken the safe driver course to reduce my insurance rates.
  • I have met with my tax preparer to do this year's taxes.
  • I have contacted one of my financial advisors to get questions answered for tax preparer.*
  • I have met with second financial advisor for annual meeting to assess goals and strategies.*
  • I have contacted my doctor to get a prescription for a new medication since one I currently take is on backorder at pharmacy.
  • I will meet again after school today with my tax preparer to finalize my taxes for this year.
This is what I have read. (My Kindle has been getting a workout.)
  • I finished Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep.
  • I read the eARC of Mouse and Dragon by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
  • I read Claim to Fame by Margaret Peterson Haddix (the only print book this week).
  • I read Local Custom by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
  • I read Wolf Signs: Granite Lake Wolves, Book 1 by Vivian Arend
  • I am currently reading Scandal Sheet by Gemma Halliday.
  • I began reading Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver; read 48 pages and gave up; I picked it up again and got to page 186 before I abandoned it a second time. It was not holding my attention.

I have participated in all the Spring Break Reading Challenge activities and posted a Teaser Tuesday and Friday 56. I posted reviews of Spider's Bite and Mouse and Dragon on my Inside of a Dog blog. I reviewed Claim to Fame on this blog.

Other than that, it has been a quiet relaxing week. **Insert major sarcasm here.** This weekend should be quieter, I hope. I want some relaxing time to read.



* No I am not "Ms. Megabucks". When I changed school districts, I had to change the company that does my tax deferred annuity because my new district didn't support the old company. Therefore, I have two small annuities to manage

3 comments:

  1. WOW you have been busy! How do you like your Kindle? My hubby has one and loves it!
    Saying HI from the Book Blog HOP! So fun meeting new bloggers. I am now following your blog!!! Stop in at #41 on the hop which is me, Scraps of Life!!! Thanks so much http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you through the Book Blogger Hop. I love your blog and am now following you.

    Isn't this hop fun?!! :)

    Tweezle from Just One More Paragraph

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much going on! Sorry to hear about Before I Fall. I've heard lots of mixed reviews and am still deciding whether to pick it up myself. Good luck with that relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!