Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WoW: Hex Hall and Forget-Her-Nots


Waiting on Wednesday
 
The UPS guy should be bringing me a couple of books today that I have wanted to read since I started seeing reviews what feels like months ago.
 
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
 
Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.
 
By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect.
 
As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.

 
Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White
 
Something—some power—is blooming inside Laurel. She can use flowers to do things. Like bringing back lost memories. Or helping her friends ace tests. Or making people fall in love.
 
Laurel suspects her newfound ability has something to do with an ancient family secret, one that her mother meant to share with Laurel when the time was right. But then time ran out.
 
Clues and signs and secret messages seem to be all around Laurel at Avondale School, where her mother had also boarded as a student. Can Laurel piece everything together quickly enough to control her power, which is growing more potent every day? Or will she set the stage for the most lovestruck, infamous prom in the history of the school? 
 
What are you waiting for?



6 comments:

  1. Hex Hall is definitely on my list of have to get ASAP. I will be ordering this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally waiting for HH, FHN's is really cute and fun though!

    Awesome picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hex Hall sounds very interesting and like something my girls would love! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading HH now and I'm really enjoying it. I want to read FHN, too! Great choices this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't really interested in Hex Hall until I started reading reveiws - now I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your "Wow" picture! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!