Saturday, April 10, 2010

In My Mailbox (April 11, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

Here is what I got this week.



Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr was being offered for free for my Kindle this week. I have read it but didn't own a copy; now I do.

Enchanted Glass by Diana Wynne Jones is a much anticipated book for me. I love her fantasies and look forward to reading this one.

Try Me by Parker Blue is new on my Kindle. I read her first book and wanted to read the second.



Nine Gates by Jane Lindskold follows Thirteen Orphans (which I designated as one of my 2010 TBR Challenge books this year.) I was at Uncle Hugo's for a book signing, saw it, and decided to add it to my stack.

Shapeshifters by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes was another Uncle Hugo's find. It contains five complete paranormal novels by this YA author.
How to Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier was a book I saw a Book Closeouts when I was doing some shopping for school. I decided that I had heard enough good things about it that I wanted to read it.

I saw The Crescent by Jordan Deen and noticed the werewolf on the cover and had to add it to my stack. I love werewolves!


The Emperor's Code by Gordon Korman is the 8th in the 39 Clues series. I have been following along in this series and enjoying the books, the card collecting, and the website. This should be read by Sunday afternoon so that I can donate it to my Elementary Media Center. I have avid fans waiting there.

That was my week. What did you get?


8 comments:

  1. Wicked Lovely is a great faerie book. Hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of any of those but they look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My teens are going to go crazy for Enchanted Glass. I have some very devoted Diana Wynne Jones readers at my library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun books! Happy reading! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week. Wicked Lovely looks really good and so does HTDYF. I'll be looking out for your review. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! I loved Wicked Lovely, but haven't gotten to the rest of the series yet. The Crescent looks interesting! Hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How to Ditch Your Fairy looks cute, but I haven't heard much about it. I'll have to check back for your review. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!