Saturday, April 17, 2010

In My Mailbox (April 18, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This is my haul.



I bought The Good Neighbors: Kith by Holly Black after I read The Good Neighbors: Kin. This will tell the rest of the story. I found Kin to be an interesting graphic novel and am hoping Kith is as good.

I bought Wings by Aprilynne Pike because I have been seeing so much about her second book lately and haven't read this one yet. Luckily, the paperback was available.


I won a copy of Numbers by Rachel Ward in a contest a bit earlier and FedEx dropped in my door on Wednesday. I entered every contest I saw to try to win this book. I am very eager to read this book by a YA Debut Author.

I bought The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong for my Media Center because I have had girls in almost every day asking when it would be available. While I love Kelley Armstrong's adult books, I will admit that I haven't read the first two in this series yet. I have them both on my Kindle though.



I borrowed a couple of Middle Grade books from a new book order that I got at my Elementary Media Center this week. I read Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jim Benton. It is the first in the Dear Dumb Diary series and was a quick and funny read. Think of it as the Diary of a Wimpy Kid for girls. I laughed out loud and was constantly reading bits to my co-worker. I think my MG girls will enjoy this. (Not so sure it will appeal to boys though.)

A Dangerous Engine by Joan Dash is a book about Ben Franklin as a scientist. My fifth graders are studying scientists right now and making a PowerPoint to illustrate their presentations. I would like to know more and this book looked interesting. Also, I don't read much nonfiction and want to expand my horizons a little.

I purchased a copy of The Spellcoats by Diana Wynne Jones when I realized that I did not already own it. I have many other books by DWJ in my collection and this will fill in a blank.

That's it for me. What did you get in your mailbox?

 

7 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about Wings. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely recommend reading the Summoning & the awakening before the reckoning or you'll learn some of the plot twist/surprises before they're suppose to be unraveled.
    Wings is a good book . Enjoy your haul, Happy Reading XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked up the Summoning this week--heard so much good stuff about that series. I also really liked Wings and my students did as well. Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Numbers sounds like a fantastic book (although the cover gives me the creeps). I hope you enjoy it and all your other new books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Wings very much!!=) You will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selection of books! Love Kelley Armstrong, but I agree with Book Monster that you should read them in order.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!