Saturday, April 24, 2010

In My Mailbox (April 25, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was a big shopping week for me.

I added these books to my Kindle.


So, as I was checking out other IMM posts last weekend, I visited Alea at Pop Culture Junkie and she was raving about the Scarlett Wakefield series so I decided to try them and added the first two in the series to my Kindle -- Kisses and Lies and Kiss Me Kill Me.

I also added a copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. It was on the top 100s list but I have never read it. It was a free edition.



Other titles that I added because I had read recommendations were Twice Dead by Kaylayna Price (I have the first book already), The Poison Diaries by Jane, Duchess of Northumberland (this is the graphic novel version of the book - A YA novel will be coming out soon), and The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge (which was on the top 100 middle grade books list).



I got Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr as a free book for my Kindle last week. This week I bought the paper copies of Ink Exchange, Fragile Eternity and Radiant Shadows so I can catch up with the story.



I was also introduced to this new series by Rachel Hawthorne and took adventage of an Amazon 4-for-3 deal to buy the whole set. I new have Moonlight, Full Moon, Dark of the Moon and Shadow of the Moon on my bulging TBR stack.

What did you get this week?
 

5 comments:

  1. The Scarlet Wakefield series does look really good. I've been wanting to read the Rachel Hawthorne series too. My library had the new book in but not book one. I hope you enjoy all your new books. I look forward to seeing what you thought of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books! Kiss Me Kill me was really good. Nice twist at the end.

    Here's my IMM for the week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-my-mailbox-42410.html

    I hope you have an awesome Sunday!
    Laura from the Bookie Bunch ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a lifelong lover of Alice! :-) And I have heard good things about the Melissa Marr series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun week ahead. They do look interesting. I will have to check back with you to see how you liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a week! Loads of great ones!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!