Sunday, April 18, 2010

Review: The Good Neighbors: Kith by Holly Black


The Good Neighbors: Kith
Author: Holly Black and Ted Naifeh
Publication: GRAPHIX; 1 edition (October 1, 2009)
Description: Rue Silver's life is not what it appears to be. Her mother is a faerie, and has been taken back to the faerie realm. As Rue goes to bring her back, she must travel deep into an inhuman world. At the same time, the faerie realm is venturing into our world too, and taking its toll on those Rue loves. When her grandfather's plans threaten Rue's city, she realizes that she's the only one who can stop him. But is Rue a human or a faerie? Where does she fit? How does she know the difference between love and enchantment?
My Thoughts: This one was a little hard for me to read. I had a hard time telling the characters apart in the drawings. The drawing were nice and scary. I liked the details in the drawings. I still don't think that I am really a big fan of graphic novels. I think it is incredibly hard to tell any sort of a story in the few words that are allowed in graphic novels. The art was nice but, for me, the story bordered on the incoherent.
Challenges: YA Reading Challenge, RYOB Reading Challenge

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!