Thursday, May 27, 2010

Friday: My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent

Happy Friday everybody!!

Don't forget my 100 Follower contest (now 150+). I will be giving away books of their choice to three winners. If by some outside chance I hit 175 followers, there will be 4 winners. The contest is open to anyone in the US or anyone who is within The Book Depository's shipping area. You can find more details and the entry form here.

Book Beginnings

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

The Friday 56

Rules:
  • Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
  • Post a link along with your post back to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
  • Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
My book this week is My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent. The end of the school year is so busy for me that I have been trying to read this book all week. It stays close at hand but I just haven't had a chance to read much.

Beginning:
The whole thing started with a wasted jock and a totaled car. Or so I thought. But as usual, the truth was a bit more complicated...

Page 56, sentence 5 (or so):
"So, I take it last night went well?" I dipped a corn chip into my cheese sauce, but couldn't bring myself to eat it as I watched her closely for some sign that her attraction to Doug went beyond the usual hormonal tidal wave.

This book is great so far. I want time! Just 5 more days with students and one more teacher day and this school year is over. The only problem is that I also have to work all the weekend days too in order to get all the necessary things finished. Then I will have lots and lots of time to try to bring the TBR stack down from gargantuan to just huge. 

 

7 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are enjoying it. There's nothing better than a god book! I hope you get the time that you are looking for soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. O sweet opening. Immediately sucks me in ;)

    Here is my BBF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the best book in the series. I am glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting sentences! I just entered a giveaway for this one, so will keep fingers crossed that I'll win a copy and read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only read the first story in this series that she posted on her website, have books 1&2 on my Gargantuan TBR and want Book 3. Love the teaser and am going to love reading the series, some day!!!

    jackie b central texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea to combine the opening sentence and page 56 game all in one post!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!