Saturday, May 22, 2010

In My Mailbox (May 23, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was another good week for adding to my TBR stack.

A couple of highly anticipated books showed up in my mailbox this week. I got My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent which is the third in the Soul Screamers series. I also got Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead which is the fifth in the Vampire Academy series. I also got Foiled which is a graphic novel by Jane Yolen and Mike Cavallaro. I didn't know that Jane Yolen had done a graphic novel but I love her work and was eager to get a look at this book.


I also got three more books by 2010 YA Debut Authors. I got Under My Skin by Judith Graves, The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea M. Campbell, and Wolves, Boys, and Other Things that Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler.



Amazon was having a sale this week. They were discounting the hardcovers of several recent books that I hadn't bought when they were new.

I got As You Wish by Jackson Pearce, Prom Kings and Drama Queens by Dorian Cirrone, and Madapple by Christina Meldrum.



I also got a paperback of Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George. My last sale priced hardcover was Rampant by Diana Peterfreund.

I think that I am stocked up for some vacation reading now. What landed in your mailbox this week?


 

28 comments:

  1. Great books! I've been wanting to read Rampart and Prom Kings and Drama Queens looks really good-I love the cover. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me, as well as Madapple. They're both fantastic reads! :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really want to read Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me! I can't wait to hear what you thought...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fantastic books this week! I look forward to hearing what you think of Under My Skin. It looks really good. I enjoyed Spirit Bound. I practically devoured it and hate that we have to wait till December for the end.

    I hope you enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome bunch of books! I haven't read any of them but I definitely want too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, Many thanks for visiting me over at Pen And Paper, it's always nice to meet other bloggers. An interesting blog, I've enjoyed visiting - here's to 100 more followers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a great selection this week! I want to read most of those too - luckily a few are on my TBR pile. Happy reading, and have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! All of your books look great. I am especially excited for Spirit Bound. I picked up a copy of that one, too and can't wait to read it. I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, you got As You Wish. I've been reading Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce this weekend, and it's awesome, so I'll definitely be giving As You Wish a try soon. Love the sound of that hardcover sale! Hope you enjoy all those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Books. So jealous of the My Soul To Keep!!

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover for Madapple is amazing- I'm going to check that out- and I hope you like Rampant. I think it was a nice, novel take on the idea of unicorns; but then I like warrior women in any context. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab haul! There are loads of awesome books there which I'd love to get my hands on. *wistful sigh* Spirit Bound!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great books! As You Wish is amazing, so I hope you enjoy it. Also, Princess of the Midnight Ball, Rampant, Wolves, Boys, and Other Things that Might Kill Me, and Under My Skin look great! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, lots of great books you have! I want a lot of those titles! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great books this week! There are some here that I haven't heard of and want to check out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooo! I will have to add Foiled to my list of tbr Graphic Novels. Enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great week!! I've heard excellent things about The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea M. Campbell....

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! I can't wait to see what you think of them :) You have a great mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Under My Skin, As You Wish, and Wolves, Boys, and Other Things that Might Kill Me are books that I'm really interested in reading. :D Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great reads this week! I really want to read Wolves, Boys, and Other Things That Might Kill Me.

    Thanks for stopping by BookSake!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome books I think I want almost all of them...Hope they treat you well :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great selection of books this week! Hope you love Rampant as much as I did! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Debut Author books are ones that I definitely want to read.
    Great selection this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What?! A graphic novel by Jane Yolen? I loved the Pit Dragon Chronicles, so I'll have to pick it up. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh, really great books! And Spirit Bound! *gasp* I really need to get up to date with this series!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like you got some really fun reads! Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cool covers, cool books. I want to read every book you got this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You got a bunch of great books this week! I still haven't read the second in the soul screamers theory, but need to pick it up. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!