Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, What are you reading is a meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

This is my YA week in review. To see all my reading this past week you can also check out my Inside of a Dog post.

Last Week I Read:

Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson - This was a unique take on the werewolf trope by a 2010 YA Debut Author. I enjoyed the story.

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead -- This 5th in the Vampire Academy series was wonderful. It was filled with adventures. I can hardly wait for the next (final?) volume in the series.






I am Currently Reading:

My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent
Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.

Until something does.

Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.
Here is what I plan to read this week:



Alex Van Helsing: Vampire Rising by Jason Henderson is another 2010 YA Debut Author.


Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen (I recently met him at a conference and am eager to read his book. Mine is autographed.)

That is my plan for the week. What is yours?


 

8 comments:

  1. my soul to keep sounds really good! i can't wait to read your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Kathy - hope you are doing great :) Your books look good and I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you read some really great books this week, and have some great one planned for this week. I am really interested in finding out how you like Vampire Rising. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so beyond jealous! I want to read White Cat so so bad, hopefully soon! And I have Alex Van Helsing coming soon, so I really hope you enjoy it too.

    Have a fantastic reading week and if you get a chance, stop by: Monday Reading's at There's A Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going have a great reading week I think! I have a feeling at some point I am going to have to jump in the YA bandwagon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are enjoying My Soul to Keep. This series just gets better and better. I loved Spirit Bound. White Cat looks really good. I've ordered it from the library. I haven't read any Holly Black books yet but this sounded like one I'd enjoy.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some interesting books you mention. Claire de Lune especially caught my atttention, one for my library list for certain. So sorry but I couldn't take seriously a book that had the words "Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste challenged kind. The netherworld kind." - what an excuse.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!