Saturday, May 15, 2010

In My Mailbox (May 16, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

Here is what I had to have this week.




 

 I read The Angel Experiment by James Patterson finally. People have been telling me it was good for quite a while and I had the first three on my TBR stack since last year. I liked it and got caught up on the series with the next three books. I got The Final Warning and Max from Amazon on a 4-for-3 deal. I bought the hardcober of Fang.

 
 

I bought the first two Fablehaven books to complete my 4-for-3 at Amazon. People have been telling me that I should read this series for quite a while too. I bought Fablehaven and Rise of the Evening Star. I know there are more in the series but these are enough to get me started and let me see if I like the series.

We also had a half-price book fair at my HS Media Center this week. These are the books I bought there.



  • Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner

  • Fairest by Gail Carson Levine

  • The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne

  • After Hamelin by Bill Richardson

  • Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell (This was a special deal. I got a hardcover for $2.50)

  • Premonitions by Jude Watson (This was a special deal. I got it for $1.00) 
I also added one YA book to my Kindle this week.

I fell in love with the beautiful cover of Knight Angels: Book One: Book of Love by Abra Ebner.

This is my week's book haul. Have you read any of these? What followed you home this week?


6 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Maximum Ride series. I didn't think #4 and #5 were as good as the earlier ones, and I haven't read #6 yet. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I didn't know Knight Angels book 1 was available yet! I will have to try a sample.

    I want to read Bones of Faerie. I read Thief Eyes and really liked it and I've heard really good things about Bones of Faerie. I have read Song of the Sparrow and I enjoyed it although books in verse are not usually my favorite. You got some great deals in the book fair!

    I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great selection of books. I have yet to read the Fablehaven series, but they are sitting on my shelf. I had to turn down a review request of book 5 because I hadn't read the other 4. I have so much catching up to do.

    I love the Maximum Ride series. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books this week! The Fablehaven books look fab. Hope you enjoy them!
    Here's my mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some good books there. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover of Knight Angels is gorgeous. I want it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!