Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WoW: Glimmerglass and Infinity


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
These two have been shipped but haven't arrived yet.

 


Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, Book 1) by Jenna Black.

It’s all she’s ever wanted to be, but it couldn’t be further from her grasp…

Dana Hathaway doesn’t know it yet, but she’s in big trouble. When her alcoholic mom shows up at her voice recital drunk, again, Dana decides she’s had enough and runs away to find her mysterious father in Avalon: the only place on Earth where the regular, everyday world and the captivating, magical world of Faerie intersect. But from the moment Dana sets foot in Avalon, everything goes wrong, for it turns out she isn't just an ordinary teenage girl—she's a Faeriewalker, a rare individual who can travel between both worlds, and the only person who can bring magic into the human world and technology into Faerie.

Soon, Dana finds herself tangled up in a cutthroat game of Fae politics. Someone's trying to kill her, and everyone seems to want something from her, from her newfound friends and family to Ethan, the hot Fae guy Dana figures she’ll never have a chance with… until she does. Caught between two worlds, Dana isn’t sure where she’ll ever fit in and who can be trusted, not to mention if her world will ever be normal again…

 
Infinity: Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.

Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.

But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he’s next on the menu.

As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?

 These will go on the stack of books I plan to read this summer. Vacation is only about a week away.
 

10 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on both of these. I have them pre-ordered and cannot wait. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to read these too! Great picks!

    I'm waiting on Eternal Kiss of Darkness here.

    Happy reading. :)

    xx,
    E.J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting on Glimmerglass as well. It looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really knew what Glimmerglass was about and now that I do, I really want to read it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I’m excited about both of these as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the Nick Chronicles either! Nice picks!

    Here is my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why, but Infinity is already on shelves at my local Target. I almost bought it yesterday! Glimmerglass looks good, too. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of those look great! Something about the cover of Infinity reminds me of Joss Whedon's Serenity (which makes me happy). These two books are both on my TBR list.

    My WoW is Nightshade.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!