Tuesday, May 11, 2010

WW28: The Season by Sarah MacLean

WW28 (which explains this meme)

A chance to showcase your favourite!
  • First you grab our Wicked Wednesday pic.
  • Then you grab a book. Turn to page 28. Take the first sentence. And then you post it in your site with a link back to WW28.
  • Come back to Cherry Mischievous - WW28 and give us the url of your post (in a comment at a WW28 post) so that other WW28 readers can find your WW28 offering.

The Season
Author: Sarah MacLean
Publication: Orchard Books (June 1, 2010) - I bought this book at our last book fair.

What's most tragic about this book is that, even now, after publishing three wonderful books - each one easily as brilliant as anything written by a man - the author cannot reveal her true identity for fear of repercussions!

I am going to begin this book next. One review on Amazon says this:
Bottom line: this is a good suggestion for readers looking for a PG version of a bodice ripper.
This sounds entertaining. I'm looking forward to beginning it. The romance genre is huge for adult readers. This might be a starter to the genre for young adults.

 

2 comments:

  1. Good suggestion for readers looking for a PG version of a bodice ripper? Wow.Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's about debutantes in Victorian England... but I bet this is not a historical... Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!