Saturday, June 12, 2010

In My Mailbox (June 13, 2010)


The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

These are the YA and Middle Grade books I added this week.

I borrowed these books from my High School Media Center to read over the summer and ended up reading them the first weekend as part of Mother Readers 48 Hour Readathon.

All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab was an extremely good mystery by a 2010 YA Debut Author.

Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison was a heart-tugging, tear jerker that was also an excellent book.


I won this copy of Morpheus Road: The Light by D. J. MacHale from Kelsey at The Book Scout. I have heard great things about it and am eager to read it.

I won an ARC of Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James from someone but can't remember who. (Thanks!) This book got a starred review from Publisher's Weekly and is a debut novel by an Australian writer.

Heist Society by Ally Carter has been getting great reviews. I have some of her other books and this one sounded good.

I do like a number of Meg Cabot's books. When I saw that she had written a vampire book, I had to get it. Therefore, Insatiable by Meg Cabot got added to my stack.

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes has been a much talked about book on the YA blogs I read. I like werewolves and had to add this one to the stack too.

I was initially put off by the blue lips on the cover of Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs but good reviews and the thought that I really enjoyed Oh. My. Gods and Goddess Boot Camp convinced me to add this one to the stack too.




Magic Below Stairs by Caroline Stevermer is her new middle grade release. I am told that it is in the same world as Sorcery and Cecelia (which she co-wrote with Patricia Wrede).

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer has been getting so much buzz that I had to add it. I have read the Twilight books and seen the movies but don't really consider myself a fan. I think my students who are Twilight fans will enjoy this one.

A Matter of Magic by Patricia C. Wrede is the omnibus edition containing Mairelon the Magician and The Magician’s Ward. I have, and have read, both of these but wanted a new copy.

These are what arrived in my mailbox this week. What did you get?

15 comments:

  1. I want just about every book you got. I certainly hope you enjoy each one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These are some great books! Beautiful Malice sounds really interesting. And like you, I've heard good things about Raised By Wolves. Will have to get my hands on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your books look and sound like great reads. I loved Bree Tanner!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very envious of your books this week! I didn't read what Insatiable was about until last week (a case of seeing it so often I became disinterested) and it sounds freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by again! I thought Bree tanner was okay, I was disappointed in it! Heist Society was really cool and make sure you read the acknowledgments! I am dying to read Raised By Wolves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked Bree Tanner, but then again, I'm a Twilight nerd. Haha. I also really liked Raised by Wolves. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to reading Raised By Wolves! Heist Society was a cute book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books this week. I loved Beautiful Malice, and I can't wait to read Raised by Wolves. I just finished Bree Tanner - review is up on the blog if you'd like to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We got a lot of the same books this week! I also got Forgive My Fins, Raised By Wolves, and the Eclipse Novella! I really want Insatiable and Beautiful Malice sounds interesting! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen many of these titles around the blogosphere. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you enjoyed SING ME TO SLEEP. The author is a friend of mine - she's a lovely person and a very talented writer. I'm glad she's getting the buzz she deserves :)

    I'm reading INSATIABLE at the moment. The writing's not the best, but the story's lots of fun. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sing Me To Sleep is an absolutely AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL book! I sincerely hope you love it as much as I did! Great haul! Happy reading! Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2010/06/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like an awesome haul! I loved Bree Tanner and Insatiable.

    I'm your newest follower.

    You can check out mine here.

    Happy Monday!

    Arena
    aka The Nerd's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool books! Looking forward to reading your reviews :)

    This is what we got THIS WEEK

    Have a Great DAY!

    Vanessa
    Book ♥ Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great week: I am excited to read Sing me to sleep. Happy Reading! Check out my IMMB if you want here

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!