Saturday, June 19, 2010

In My Mailbox (June 20, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.




I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I am very proud of my mailbox this week because I managed to limit the number of new books I bought to two.


I received Don't Know Where, Don't Know When by Annette Laing. The author sent it to me. It sounds like an interesting Middle Grade book with time travel. It is the first in a series. The second book is titled A Different Day, A Different Destiny.

I also got two 2010 YA Debut Author books.

Knightley Academy by Violet Haberdasher (which screams "pseudonym" to me) and Sea by Heidi R. Kling.


The age level for Knightley Academy is a little confusing. Booklist says Grade 8 and above but the product description says ages 9 - 12. I'll have to see what I think. Of course, I plan to donate it to my grade 6-12 media center. I'm covered no matter which age range is correct.


I have been coveting Sea since I first read about it last Spring. It is a romance rather than a paranormal but it is good to stretch my boundaries every once in a while.

That was it for me this week. What found its way to your mailbox?

14 comments:

  1. Ooh interesting books this week!
    Yea Violet Haberdasher is a pseudonym her real name is Robyn Schneider, she's got a Youtube channel and her book looks pretty cool although it's not published over here in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely books this week! i can't wait to read your review on sea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great books this week. I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sea looks really good. I've been dying to read it. I look forward to your review. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Knighley Acadamy and Sea look mysterious. I look forward to reading what you thought of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Sea! I have it on hold at the library, but I don't know when they'll actually get it in. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great week: Happy Reading! Check out my IMMB if you want here

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to get a hold of my copy of SEA! Happy reading! Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2010/06/in-my-mailbox-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...you got Sea!! I want to read it!

    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Knightly Academy looks great! I can't wait to finally read Sea, everyone seems to enjoy it :)

    Hope you enjoy your books :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great week indeed - I'm also excited for my copy of DKW, DKW to arrive! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've also been looking forward to reading Sea, so I'm curious to find out what you think of it!

    Happy Reading (",)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for participating in The Saturday Network!

    Ohh, great books! Violet Haberdasher definitely sounds like a pseudonym, and I hadn't heard of Knightley Academy. And Sea is awesome! Hope you enjoy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Knighley Academy and Sea look really good.I just bought Sea and I'm adding Knighley Academy to my list of books I should check out.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!