Saturday, June 5, 2010

In My Mailbox (June 6, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This are the books I added to my towering TBR stack this week.

These were new additions from NetGalley:


The Oracle of Dating by Allison Van Diepen - I have been seeing lots of reviews of this and thought it sounded interesting. It is outside my usual comfort zone but I thought I'd give it a try.

The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall by Mary Downing Hahn -- I like a good scary story once in a while. I am familiar with some of Hahn's other books.

Manifest by Artist Arthur - This one had an interesting summary.

Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch by Douglas Rees -- I have also been seeing lots of reviews for this one lately. It is in my preferred genre.

Here are the print books I bought this week:


The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride is a 2010 YA Debut Author.

Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George is from one of my favorite authors of YA fantasy.

Glimmerglass by Jenna Black is another 2010 YA Debut Author.

The Magic Thief: Found by Sarah Prineas is the third in a fun, middle grade fantasy series.

Speaking of fun middle grade series, Storm Warning by Linda Sue Park in the 9th book in the 39 Clues series.

I won this copy of The Light (Morpheus Road) by D. J. MacHale and am very eager to read it.

Infinity: Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon is a YA paranormal by an author who is better known for her sexy paranormals for adults. This one takes place in the same world and expands on the youth of one of the characters from the adult series.

These are the books that followed me home this week. What did you get? 
 

9 comments:

  1. Great books!! I want to read The Tension of Opposites.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books. I have students that have read all of Mary Downing Hahn. I need to read at least one! I'm also interested in Infinity. I'm wondering if it'll be one to transition some boys that love the Vlad Tod series on to. hmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oracle and Tension looks really good. I want to read them! I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about Gilmmerglass, and I can't wait to pick up a copy. Infinity also looks like an interesting read. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some fantastic reading ahead of you, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought The Oracle of Dating was cute. Princess of Glass and Glimmerglass are on my TBR list. I look forward to hearing what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great week. I am looking forward to tension of opposites. Check out my IMMB if you want here

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a great mailbox week :) You are going to have many enjoyable hours ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy!

    Great to see that you received a copy of Manifest! I'm actually representing that title in it's online campaign and want to share with you some of what we're doing for it.

    Please feel free to visit the page I have set up for the book on my site: http://onlinepublicist.blogspot.com/2009/01/manifest-page.html. I invite you to take part in the eHarlquin gift card giveaway by posting one of the Manifest buttons on your blog. Also, I will be putting up a post soon, inviting people to submit interview questions for Artist. It will be a fun, community interview! I hope you will participate. :-)

    All Best,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!