Sunday, June 6, 2010

Review: Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Infinity: Chronicles of Nick
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Publication: St. Martin's Griffin; 1 edition (May 25, 2010

Description: At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.

Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.

But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he’s next on the menu.

As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?

My Thoughts: This was interesting adventure. I liked the character of Nick because I like guys who are quick with a quip who have a heart of gold. I liked his relationship with his mother. She is clearly small but mighty. I could understand his relationship with his father. I had a little trouble with the introduction of so many characters in the story and the shifting around in time.

It was good to see some of the characters from the Dark Hunters series from a different point of view. I think Nick handled his introduction to the paranormal world very well. The plot was fast moving. I think middle graders and young adults would like the constant action and adventure. Did I mention the zombies?

Favorite Quote:
"What is that smell?" It was like three-day-old cat vomit mixed with rotten asparagus.
Mark scowled at him as if he was crazy for even asking. "Duck urine. It keeps the zombies from thinking I'm human."
Nick snorted. "Yeah, well it keeps me from thinking you're sane."
Challenges: RYOB Reading Challenge, 2010 YA Debut Author Challenge, 2010 YA Reading Challenge

4 comments:

  1. I quite liked this one too, though I think I got confused because I've never read the Dark Hunter series. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excellent snap of the child you have taken.I hope it will help you a guide for other.The photo is really a mixture of some living and non living things which look so gorgeous.Thanks.I wait your feed back....

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my summer reading wishlist. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by from the Blog Hop. I've enjoyed many of your reviews and added several more books to my already awesome wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!