Sunday, June 6, 2010

Review: Storm Warning (39 Clues, Book 9) by Linda Sue Park

Storm Warning (39 Clues, Book 9)
Author: Linda Sue Park
Publication: Scholastic Inc.; Rei/Crds edition (May 25, 2010)

Description: Throughout the hunt for the 39 Clues, Amy and Dan have encountered some of the darkest aspects of history . . . and had to deal with the role their family played. But are they ready for the truth? In this thrilling ninth installment, Amy and Dan hit the high seas as they follow the trail of some infamous ancestors to track down a long lost treasure. However, the real prize isn’t hidden in a chest. It's the discovery of the Madrigals' most dangerous secret and, even more shockingly, the true identity of the mysterious man in black.

My Thoughts: This was another exciting installment in the 39 Clues series. Dan and Amy are off to the Caribbean to learn about Anne Bonney and to find the clue that she hid. Last book they learned some unsettling things about their au pair Nellie and they now distrust her. We do get to see some from Nellie's viewpoint too in this episode. Dan and Amy are learning a lot more about their heritage and what it means to be a Madrigal.

This book and series are recommended for middle graders and young adults who like mystery and adventure. The books could also spur an interest in history and geography as readers will want to find out more about the characters and places in the books.

Challenges: In the Middle Reading Challenge, 2010 YA Reading Challenge, RYOB Reading Challenge

 

2 comments:

  1. I'll be honest - I didn't read the review other than to see you liked it. I was afriad I'd learn things I wasn't ready to learn yet since I'm early in the series! I know my daughter is super excited for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - I have to agree with Jill. I want to read this series eventually so I am glad to know you are enjoying it but I don't want to know too much about the stories.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!