Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A-Z Wednesday: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan


Welcome to A-Z Wednesday!!

To join, here's all you have to do: Go to your stack of books and find one whose title starts with the letter of the week.

Post:
1~ a photo of the book
2~ title and synopsis
3~ link(amazon, barnes and noble etc.)
4~ Come back here and leave your link in the comments.

If you've already reviewed this book you can add it also.
Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment.
(We all love comments, don't we?)
Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.
I found this new challenge at When She Reads and thought I would try it out to bring a little bit of structure to my summer reading. I checked the crates of books that I brought home with me and chose.

The Red Pyramid
Author: Rick Riordan
Publication: Hyperion Book CH; 1 edition (May 4, 2010)
Link: Amazon,  The Book Depository

Summary: Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.
I liked The Lightning Thief and think this one will he popular with my middle grade and high school readers.


 

1 comment:

  1. I have seen many bloggers reading this one, I am beginning to feel left out! Great one for today.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!