Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blog Hop and Follow Friday

Blog Hop and Follow (My Book Blog) Friday

Fridays are good days to make new friends. Jenn at Crazy-for-Books and Parajunkee at Parajunkee’s View both are offering opportunities to put your blog out there for others to see and to see other blogs too.

Check this post for the description and rules of Jenn’s blog hop. And check this post for the rules of Parajunkee’s Follow (My Book Blog) Friday.


Jenn also has a question of the week: Tell us about some of your favorite authors and why they are your favorites!

A couple of my favorite authors are Lois McMaster Bujold, Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, and Patricia C. Wrede. I like all of them because they write character-driven speculative fiction stories. I have read and re-read the books by these people because their characters are so real and so dear to me.

While you are here, I have two current contests. You can win a $60 gift certificate from CSN Stores if you live in the US or Canada. I am also giving a complete set of Patricia C. Wrede's Enchanted Forest Chronicles to anyone within shipping range of The Book Depository. Check out the individual posts for the entry forms. Both contests end on July 23. The Enchanted Forest Chronicles is only open to my followers. Anyone can enter the gift certificate giveaway.

Check out these sites and join in the fun.


16 comments:

  1. Just stopping by via the hop to say hello! I love meeting fellow book bloggers :) Nice to meet you.

    Rachel
    And the plot thickens...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I'm a follower. Surprisingly, the only author of those I know is Patricia Wrede and I haven't even read anything by here. Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to check out your favorite authors. Already am a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the Hop!

    Happy Friday! Happy Reading!

    I'm already a follower =0)

    Have a great weekend!

    Larissa
    Welcome To Larissa's Bookish Life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already been here a bunch of times (I LOVE teacher/librarian blogs!) but I just wanted to Hop through and see who your favorites authors are! I'm a little embarrassed to say that I don't recognize any of them... at the same time, I kind of love it because now I have a bunch of new authors to check out. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you from blog hop! Hop on over to my blog and return the follow! www.novelthoughtsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm visiting because of the blog hop. Great place!

    I'm a follower.

    I'll be hanging around awhile.

    VampAngel
    VampAngel's Dilemma: To Read or Not To Read It? That is The Question

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a new follower. I found you on the hop. Stop by my blog if you can. Have a great weekend.
    http://2readornot2read-loves2read.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I found your blog through the Hop. I entered your Patricia Wrede contest because she is one of my favorite authors, too!

    If you have time, drop in and say hi at Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from the hop. I haven't read any of the authors you listed, but I may have to check them out. Have a great weekend!
    talesandtreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping in from the hop! Excellent background and set up. I love the little patches, makes me want to curl up with a lovely quilt and a book. I'll be following to see what you post next.

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile
    For The L♥ve of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there - just hopping by! Your reasons for loving the authors are soooooo much better than mine! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just hopping by to say hello. Happy Friday. Pusseboots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy to meet a fellow Minnesotan book blogger! Yeah. I am so glad you found me, I am now following.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! You know, I have not heard of the authors you mentioned so I must branch out a little more!

    Have a great weekend and look forward to my next visit, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!