Saturday, July 31, 2010

In My Mailbox (August 1, 2010)



The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I managed to limit myself to just three new books this week.
The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore was recommended on one of the blogs I read. I just wish I could remember which one to give credit to the recommender. This one came out in the fall of 2009 and I missed it. Here is the blurb:

Can love last beyond the grave?


Sylvie Davis is a ballerina who can’t dance. A broken leg ended her career, but Sylvie’s pain runs deeper. What broke her heart was her father’s death, and what’s breaking her spirit is her mother’s remarriage—a union that’s only driven an even deeper wedge into their already tenuous relationship.
Uprooting her from her Manhattan apartment and shipping her to Alabama is her mother’s solution for Sylvie’s unhappiness. Her father’s cousin is restoring a family home in a town rich with her family’s history. And that’s where things start to get shady. As it turns out, her family has a lot more history than Sylvie ever knew. More unnerving, though, are the two guys that she can’t stop thinking about. Shawn Maddox, the resident golden boy, seems to be perfect in every way. But Rhys—a handsome, mysterious foreign guest of her cousin’s—has a hold on her that she doesn’t quite understand.
Then she starts seeing things. Sylvie’s lost nearly everything—is she starting to lose her mind as well?

I also got the new anthology Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love edited by Tricia Telep because the table of contents reads like a who's who of YA paranormal literature. I am not a big fan of anthologies because I prefer longer stories. But anthologies are a good way to sample the style of authors you don't know and to get more details about characters you do know.

Jealousy by Lili St. Crow is the 3rd book in the Strange Angels series. I have been following along and want to know what is next for Dru.
It’s a good thing Dru Anderson is fast. Because the sucker chasing her isn’t slowing down—and he won’t rest until he has tasted her blood and silenced her heart . . .


Dru’s best friend, Graves, and her strange and handsome savior, Christophe, are ready to help her take on the ultimate evil. But will their battle for Dru’s heart get in the way of her survival?
That is my mailbox this week. What was in yours?

20 comments:

  1. Great reads!=) All of those I am looking forward to reviews around the blogosphere!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED The Splendor Falls- such a great book! I'm excited to read Kiss Me Deadly as well, I've heard great things about that title too. Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Splendor Falls sounds like one I might like. I will be sure to look for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealousy looks really really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished Jealousy and thought it was great! It's my favorite of the series so far. I'm not working on reading Kiss Me Deadly and I'm liking it, but I prefer longer stories too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw amazing reviews for Splendor Falls, it was so slow it is on my DNF list, hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved The Splendour Falls. Looking forward to reading JEalousy :D
    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some great books in your mailbox! Have fun reading them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiss me Deadly looks fabulous, I need to get my hands on that one!!
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some good looking books. Kiss me Dead looks especially interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some good ones! I haven't read any of them, but they look/sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you enjoy these one's as well, great week for books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed The Splendor Falls, I hope you do too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've also heard good things about Splendor Falls. Hope it's good and have a fun week!

    ~Alyssa
    Teens Read & Write

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got Kiss Me Deadly too! Great books :) Enjoy..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books! I really want to read Jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great books this week! I got Kiss Me Deadly this week too. =) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh, i really want to read jealousy!! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesoem books! i really want 2 read Kiss Me Deadly!! Hope u enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kiss Me Deadly sounds good! I didn't realize it was out yet! :) Hope you enjoy the books you received this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!