Saturday, July 10, 2010

In My Mailbox (July 11, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

While you are here, don't forget to sign up for my two contests. Need a new bookshelf? Enter my drawing to win a $60 gift certificate from CSN Stores.

Have you ever read books by Patricia C. Wrede? Enter my contest to win a set of the Enchanted Forest Chronicles.

Both contests end on July 23.


I did manage to limit myself to only three new YA books this week but these were some I couldn't resist.
Legacies (Shadow Grail, No. 1) by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill is the first YA offering by this pair. I really enjoy a lot of Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar books which are more adult. I am also a big fan of Rosemary Edghill whether she is writing under that name or the name eluki bes shahar. 
In the wake of the accident that killed her family, Spirit White is spirited away to Oakhurst Academy, a combination school and orphanage in the middle of Montana. There she learns she is a legacy—not only to the school, which her parents also attended, but to magic.
The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman is a story about a girl who has an unusual job.
Elizabeth has a new job at an unusual library— a lending library of objects, not books. In a secret room in the basement lies the Grimm Collection. That’s where the librarians lock away powerful items straight out of the Brothers Grimm fairy tales: seven-league boots, a table that produces a feast at the blink of an eye, Snow White’s stepmother’s sinister mirror that talks in riddles.
Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch by Douglas Rees.
What's a teen witch to do when she's stuck in the most unmagical high school in the universe? Create her own "majix." Take notes. And above all, avoid nasty classmates, heartless grown-ups and boys who may prove a little too distracting for a serious teen witch to handle….
These appeared in my mailbox this week. What showed up in yours?



24 comments:

  1. I'm really interested in the Grimm Legacy. I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! Honestly, they've all been featured on my Waiting on Wednesday! Have fun!

    Teens Read and Write

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to reading Majix! Enjoy your reads!

    Hope you have a chance to check out my IMM!
    Thanks,
    The Unread Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha,

    I am drooling over your copy of Legacies and Majix!=) I sooo want those!


    Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesnt matter that it was only 3 they are truly awesome :D Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Grimm Legacy looks and sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look good especially The Grimm Legacy. Sounds like a fun library to work at!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too can't wait to read The Grimm Legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog, Legacies sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh you got The Grimm Legacy!! *envy* xD

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister just picked up Legacies, and I am definitely borrowing it from her!
    Looks like a good mailbox. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed Majix, it's a cute read. I'm going to have to check out the other two titles. They sound great as well! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Grim Legacy sound awesome, enjoy!

    Here's my mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Legacies looks awesome! Hope you love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, those covers are beautiful! Thank you for stopping by my blog. Enjoy your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I really enjoyed Majix, but I think you have to read it with an adolescent perspective. It's not like these mature POV style YA that seem to be popular now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great reads! Majix looks especially interesting. I like your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the cover to Legacies. Great reads. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great books! Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch and Legacies both sound great! I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice books! Legacies looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope that you enjoy your books. Here's mine

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!