Saturday, August 7, 2010

In My Mailbox (August 8, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I got four YA books this week.
These two are YA Debuts and both have something to do with vampires. 

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel is her first book. In it a vampire becomes a 16-year-old human.

Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway is her first YA book. Publishers Weekly gave this one a starred review. I like her Garnet Lacey series and hope this is as good.

Unexpected Magic by Diana Wynne Jones. I am a big fan of Diana Wynne Jones. I just discovered this book of short stories that I haven't read yet. 

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore has been getting a lot of publicity on the blogs I read. It sounds like a great adventure story with some science fiction elements.

This is what I added to my TBR stack. What did you get?


17 comments:

  1. I love Dianna Wynne Jones!

    Hope you love Infinite Days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost to Die For sounds promising. I have Infinite Days on my TBR list. I look forward to hearing what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally can't wait for Infinite Days and I am Number Four!!! Great mailbox this week!!
    Have a lovely Sunday!
    x Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing a lot about Infinite Days, can't wait to hear what you think! Happy Reading! Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2010/08/in-my-mailbox-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy all your books.. Please stop by and check out my mailbox! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books. I'd like to read Infinite Days and I Am Number Four. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Infinite Days looks really good, it's on my TBR list. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both Infinite Days and I am Number Four look awesome. I haven't heard of Almost To Die For but it looks good

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you got some good books this week.
    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unexpected Magic by Diana Wynne Jones sounds interesting...

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unexpected Magic must go onto my wishlist! Enjoy your books. Here's what I received.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm dying to read I am Number Four and Infinite Days!! Great books! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for Infinite Days to come out here in the UK in september, great books this week hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am Number Four looks so intriguing... I can't wait to see what you think of it. :)

    I have an award for you here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH... sorry I totally neglected to read the note that says you don't accept awards! What a flake!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!