Thursday, August 19, 2010

Review: Jealousy by Lili St. Crow

Jealousy
Author: Lili St. Crow
Publication: Razorbill (July 29, 2010)


Description: It’s a good thing Dru Anderson is fast. Because the sucker chasing her isn’t slowing down—and he won’t rest until he has tasted her blood and silenced her heart . . .


Dru’s best friend, Graves, and her strange and handsome savior, Christophe, are ready to help her take on the ultimate evil. But will their battle for Dru’s heart get in the way of her survival?


My Thoughts: Dru has arrived at a new schola but she is feeling anything but safe. She doesn't understand what is going on and no one seems to be telling her what she wants to know. The only one she really trusts is Graves now the Christophe seems to have abandoned her again. Dru has abandonment issues. She should. Every one she has loved has left her - one way or another. Her mother killed by vampires; her grandmother dies; her father is turned into a zombie. 


She knows the vampires want to kill her but she is also afraid that someone who is supposed to be on her side is also trying to kill her. She is one of only two svetocha - female dhampir - and the other one is used to being the favored darling of the dhampir. What does Anna want with her? And what is she willing to do to her?


This was an exciting, action-packed episode. I like Dru's character. She is stubborn, loyal and tough. Sometimes that toughness and inability to depend on anyone else causes problems for her. Graves is hurt that she seems to hold him at a distance. 


I recommend this story to YA readers who enjoy the Vampire Academy and House of Night books. They will find lots to love here.


Challenges: 2010 YA Reading Challenge, RYOB Reading Challenge, Paranormal Reading Challenge

1 comment:

  1. I really need to start this series, I've got the first two on my tbr shelf, just need to get to them lol.

    Thanks for sharing a great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!