Wednesday, August 11, 2010

WoW: Into the Gauntlet by Margaret Peterson Haddix

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week I am highlighting the final book in the 39 Clues series. This will be Into the Gauntlet by Margaret Peterson Haddix. It will release on August 31.


Product description: Throughout the hunt for the 39 Clues, Amy and Dan Cahill have uncovered history's greatest mysteries and their family's deadliest secrets. But are they ready to face the truth about the Cahills and the key to their unmatched power? After a whirlwind race that's taken them across five continents, Amy and Dan face the most the difficult challenge yet- a task no Cahill dared to imagine. When faced with a choice that could change the future of the world, can two kids succeed where 500 years worth of famous ancestors failed?


My middle grade students and I have been following along in this series by reading the books, visiting the website and collecting the cards. I personally am eager to know how the final book will tie up the loose ends. 

6 comments:

  1. I only read the first book in this series but I am sure the final book will be excellent. Margaret Peterson Haddix is a fantastic author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds captivating...hope you enjoy it.

    Here's mine:

    http://curlupandread.wordpress.com/2010/08/11/waiting-on-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series yet, but it sounds interesting.
    My WoW is Misguided Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick Haddix is such an awesome writer never read anything by her I haven't liked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always meant to read 39 clues. It sounds pretty interesting.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!