Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall Catch-Up Read-a-Thon Day 5


I think it is time for another update. Even though this week has been very busy and I haven't had as much reading time as I would like, I have finished another two books.
Both books are from 2010 YA Debut Authors. Neither is by a new author. Both are well-known authors in their genres to adults.

Firelight by Sophie Jordan is a paranormal with dragons. There is also an "instant attraction" romance and a hint of a love triangle (though the other guy wants her more for her abilities than for herself.) Here is my review.

Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer by John Grisham is a legal novel with a 13-year-old main character who loves the law and is determined to have a legal career. Here is my review

Both books were satisfying but not exceptional reads for me. Both also seem to be the beginning books of a series. Firelight really needs a sequel to resolve many unresolved issues. Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer doesn't end on a cliff-hanger but I can easily see him getting involved in more cases.

Saturday is a clear day. I have nowhere that I have to be and, in fact, have to hang around home to wait for a Fed Ex delivery. It should be a good reading day. 



3 comments:

  1. I just started Firelight and agree with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job! Thanks for joining me on the readathon this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!