Friday, September 24, 2010

In My Mailbox (Sept. 26, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was an interesting week. I got a book that I have long been anticipating and two others that I just found out about. I also got a book that is going directly to the HS because I thought my student-athletes would be interested in it.

Crave by Melinda Metz was a book that snuck under my radar. I hadn't heard much about it until lately. I thought both the cover and the blurb were fascinating.

The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff is a 2010 YA Debut Author book. This one is one that I have wanted since I first heard about it. Though I will have to admit that I don't like this cover very much. I saw a cover on someone's blog that I really preferred but I don't know if this was for the UK edition or someone's create-a-cover entry. 

Playing Time: What Kids Really Think About Kids' Sports by Quinn Cotter is by a teenager who is also a student-athlete. I read about this one in Shelf Awareness and thought that I would have an audience for this book in my HS Media Center. I'm passing it along right away because I have never been a student-athlete and don't usually read nonfiction.

The final book that landed in my mailbox was Awakened by Ednah Walters. I have seen some good reviews, love the cover, and added it to my never ending TBR stack.

What did you get this week?

21 comments:

  1. OMGosh I am loving this weeks mailbox. Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awakened sounds really good! Hope you enjoy it & all the other books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone seems to have The Replacement this week. I want it too! lol Hope you enjoy all of your books! My mailbox is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crave sounds interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awakened sounds super good! I really need to pick that up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mailbox. The Replacement looks good. I haven't seen many reviews of that one yet. Hope you enjoy all your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mailbox, replacement sounds good - even if the cover kind of freaks me out a little. Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOH! Totally jealous of The Replacement. I'm dying to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read The Replacements. I have read some excellent reviews of it. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've seen awakened around a lot! i hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OoOOoOoo I'm dying to read Awakened! This sounds like a book I will love!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read Crave, it looks really good. Enjoy your books.

    Check out our Mailbox at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved The Replacements, and Crave was good, but be ready for an evil cliffy!

    I can't wait to get my hands on Awakened because I love the cover. Great books this week. Enjoy!

    Happy Reading,
    Missie
    The Unread Reader

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Replacement was awesome! I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOOh Great books! Awakened sounds like a good one, I love the cover!! Enjoy your books! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh Crave - their is something about this book that keeps calling me, I gotta buy it! :) Great books this week - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Replacement is an amazing story. I hope you love it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Crave, Awakened and The Replacement are all on the TBR! have fun:)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!