Saturday, September 4, 2010

In My Mailbox (September 5, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was a great week. I got some books that I have been waiting for. It seems like I had been waiting for months.
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins is the long-anticipated finale to the Hunger Games trilogy. I thought it was a very powerful and memorable book. My deliberately, non-spoiler review is here.

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh is a book by a YA Debut Author. The description and the early reviews really whet my interest for this title. 

Paranormalcy by Kristin White is another YA Debut Author book. I have been craving this one for months.
I read a great review today for Promise by Kristie Cook and added it to my Kindle immediately. Kaitlyn at The Bookshelf Sophisticate convinced me that I had to read it. 



Those were the books I added to my massive TBR stack this week. What did you get?


10 comments:

  1. Fab books this week. I really need to get Mockingjay. Hope you enjoy all of them! My mailbox is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover of Promise is so pretty :D Looking forward to your review :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ar e some good ones. I'm really wanting Promise myself. I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome books! Promise looks like a good one. Enjoy your books! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such great things about Paranormalcy. Lots of buzz on blogs and twitter about it being a fantastic read. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got awesome books this week! I got Nevermore this week too but I haven't picked up Paranormalcy yet. It looks amazing though. Happy reading!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack, all your reads are excellent. I read Mockingjay but I have to read the others!!!=)

    Enjoy all your reads!=)
    http://bit.ly/9hmI1q

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great reads. I can't wait to pick up Paranormalcy. I've heard good things about Nevermore too. It sounds scary.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I might get the Promise this week - you remind me of my urge to have this book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read Paranormalcy, it looks fantastic! I hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!