Monday, September 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I recently received the ARC of Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin from LibraryThing's Early Reviewers program and have been spending a lot of time with it. I haven't read anything by Werlin since The Killer's Cousin which I really enjoyed.

This is definitely a YA Paranormal complete with faeries and an ancient family deal with faeries. Phoebe Rothschild is a child of privilege who needs to find her own worth. Thus far I am enjoying the book very much.
Then Phoebe had a thought and it was this: Even if Catherine died tomorrow, even if Drew did also, she would still have had their love. Nothing that happened in the past could be taken away. This was an amazing gift. The past was done and over and settled; you couldn't get it back, but still whatever good you had gotten from it, spiritually, emotionally, would be yours for a lifetime.
That is one powerful thought! By the way, the book comes out today!


10 comments:

  1. Great teaser. I've seen this book around a lot. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser - really can't wait to read this one.

    Our teaser is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful teaser! Sounds like a good read.

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just couldn't get into this book, hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I have this book on my TBR so I can't wait to read your review!!

    Here's my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not my usual genre but an intriguing teaser and a lovely cover. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesdays-what-alice-knew-a-most-curious-tale-of-henry-james-and-jack-the-ripper.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful Teaser and I wholeheartedly believe in the strength of love, no matter what stage of life or death, the love remains forever. Great choice for the Teaser.

    My teaser on Aisle B
    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1079472181/teaser-tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool teaser. I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's my Teaser for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!