Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Teaser: Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This teaser is from Nevermore by Kelly Creagh.
Slowly the words started to get out of the way and let images of courtiers revolve, in slow motion, through her mind’s eye. It was as thought she had somehow adapted to the density of the language. Soon the words smudged away from the page, and in their place, she was left with the sensation of gliding through the scene, like she’s become a movie camera, sweeping through the sets of rooms and over the heads of costumed actors.

I picked this one because that is what reading a good book is like for me. The words just get out of the way and the images form.


16 comments:

  1. ohh! I have been dying to read this book! It looks awesome. I can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful teaser - lots of great atmosphere. Hope you're enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing teaser!! This one sounds fabulous,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this to read. I can't WAIT to get to it. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! Very descriptive. I'll have to add this to my never-ending wishlist.

    See my Teaser Tuesday post here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is some amazing writing in that quote. I've been seeing this book and wanting to read it. Now that is completely confirmed after seeing a section of the prose.

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I have this book on my wishlist and am now really looking forward to picking it up.

    Thanks for visiting my blog An Avid Reader's Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome teaser and it does explain the feeling a good book can give you. Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait to read this novel.

    My Teaser is from Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser, this is one on my TBR list, really can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent teaser! I've seen a lot of this book around this week. My two teasers are here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting moment :)

    Thanks for passing by my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember hearing about this book and you're right the words do fly off with quite a bit of imagination. Not stoic but very "cinema".

    Nice teaser.
    Come on by Aisle B for a peak at the perfect worst boss ever :
    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1119392115/teaser-tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, dizzying and magical. Great teaser! My TT from Paranormalcy is here.

    xx,
    E.J
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this as well. Great teaser!

    Nice blog too, I'm a new follower!

    Here's my teaser:
    http://bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday-clockwork-angel-again.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!