Saturday, October 16, 2010

In My YA Mailbox (Oct. 17, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was another rather busy week. I got books almost every day and the Media Center was busy with our first book fair of the year. I couldn't resist:
Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman. We have the hardcover in the Media Center but I wanted to have my own because I have no idea when I will get a chance to read it.

Sabotaged by Margaret Peterson Haddix is the third in The Missing series. I intend to read and pass this one along to my Media Center.

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger has such an intriguing title. I have read about this one on a few blogs and thought it sounded good.

I also won the Spaceheadz Middle Grade pack from Jana at Milk & Cookies. These look like a lot of fun. I'm thinking of having a personal MG Read-a-thon this weekend to read all of them. The package included:
Spaceheadz by Jon Scieszka
We the Children from the Benjamin Pratt and the Keepers of the School series by Andrew Clements
The Case of the Case of Mistaken Identity which is a Brixton Brothers book by Mac Barnett

Then, I couldn't let Amazon believe that I had forgotten about them, so I bought these too.
Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan interested me after a saw a number of blog posts about it. I did wait until I could get a copy on Amazon Marketplace before placing my order though.

I couldn't wait for The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. I liked his Percy Jackson books and wanted to see what more he had to say in that world. 
I had to have Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl because Beautiful Creatures was my favorite book of 2009 and I need to know what happens next for the characters.

Stork by Wendy Delsol is a 2010 YA Debut. I was intrigued by the Minnesota setting of this one.

The final book I added to my stack this week was another eARC from NetGalley. I have heard a number of good things about Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Screiber.
Don't forget to visit my other blog -- Inside of a Dog and enter my ARC Giveaway Contest. You could win Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin or Halo by Alexandra Adornetto or Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James. There are other ARCs available too. Any follower is invited to enter the giveaway.

21 comments:

  1. Fab books this week! I loved, loved, loved Stork! Hope you do too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently reading The Lost Hero and I love it so far. I liked Eon and hope you'll enjoy it and your other books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an great IMM! I really hope that you enjoy all of your awesome books! I got Beautiful Darkness too!

    I'm a new follower!

    You can check out my IMM here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a great group of books this week. Enjoy yourself as you dig in :)

    Come see what in my mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I didn't realise The Lost Hero was out already. Must get it :) Hope you enjoy all of your books. My mailbox is here.

    You can link historical fiction reviews on this weeks Read My Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books this week. My students love The Missing series. I read Immortal Beloved last week and it was pretty entertaining. I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Beautiful Creatures yet, but Beautiful Darkness sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a great Mailbox this week! Immortal Beloved and Beautiful Darkness too!

    Good books and even more great covers!

    Enjoy the reading week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stork looks beautiful. Enjoy the books you got this week. You got a fabulous mailbox. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man... SO many good books in your mailbox! I'm absolutely jealous to see that you already have The Lost Hero and Beautiful Darkness. Hope you enjoy both of them as well as the other books you have =)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm so curious about the eon books! i keep seeing them pop up everywhere! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to read Stork, the reviews look great for it!
    If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-
    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/10/imm-7.html
    Blessings,
    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love Immortal Beloved. Stork looks really good! I hope you enjoy all your new books :) Have a great week!

    Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great IMM! So jealous of Beautiful Darkness it's not out in the UK till end of October :| Can't wait! Hope you enjoy your books this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the look of Andrew Clements' new novel for kids - I have that on my to buy list for our school book fair. I will also have to check out Spaceheadz.

    Speaking of Margaret Peterson Haddix, my students are so excited that she is coming to our school in the spring. They love The Missing series.

    Looks like a great week of books for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Lost Hero is popping up a lot today - I hadn't even heard of it. I got Beautiful Darkness too (I think a lot of us did). I want to check out Stork and I've got Immortal Beloved on my TBR pile.
    Happy Reading! Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the mailbox head guy!
    As far as books, Extraordinary is a great contest giveaway--a favorite tale of mine! On the middle grade front, Spaceheadz looks funny!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great books! I really want to read The Lost Hero, I love the Percy Jackson series and I'm curious to see if I'll like this one as much. Enjoy and Happy Reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great reads. I've heard good and bad things about the Yoda book, but it intrigues me. And I hope you enjoy Beautiful Darkness. I'm really liking it so far, although it's just as slow as Beautiful Creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh! *jealous* I loved Beautiful Creatures and I am dying to read Beautiful Darkness! Lucky you!!! I had Angie Fix in my mailbox :)
    http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! I can't wait to hear what you think of The Strange Case of the Origami Yoda... and I'm almost done with The Lost Hero myself XD

    Check out my In My Mailbox!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!