Saturday, November 13, 2010

In My YA Mailbox (Nov. 14, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.
I got my copy of Plain Kate by Erin Bow. I read this book before and donated it to my HS Media Center. But I loved it so much that I had to have my own copy.

I also got Sweep Volume 2 which contains Dark Magick, Awakening and Spellbound by Cate Tiernan. I have heard that these books are good and this is a very economical way to get the series. You are getting three books for the price of one. 

And my final print book this week was Pegasus by Robin McKinley. I have read many mixed reviews of this book but Robin McKinley has written some of my favorite books. This one will probably remain in my personal collection. If I really enjoy it, I'll add a copy to my next HS book order.
I added a couple of books to my Kindle too. 

Wren Journeymage by Sherwood Smith is a new, fourth book about Wren. This book follows Wren to the Rescue (1990), Wren's Quest (1991), and Wren's War (1995). "Once again the four--Wren, Teressa, Connor, and Tyron--find themselves deep in adventure, as they try to navigate the treacherous waters of growing up." The Wren books are a very good middle grade fantasy series with an intrepid female heroine.

I also got a new copy of Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith. I have the book but wanted to have it for my Kindle too for ease of reading. Also this edition has been edited and some scenes have been added. "Crown Duel, once published as Crown Duel and Court Duel, was put together with an added story by Firebird in 2003, and has remained in print ever since. This new edition has been edited, with the addition of several scenes from the hero’s point of view."

These are the books I added to my TBR stack this week. What did you get?


17 comments:

  1. Those look like some really great books! I really, really want to read Pegasus as well, but the mixed reviews have had me putting off purchasing it...I'll get it soon I hope (when I get a little extra cash)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous covers. Look forward to your reviews :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week. I've heard good things about Pegasus! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read Pegasus. I remember how much I loved The Hero and the Crown as a teen. It was the first YA fantasy novel I read. I hope you enjoy Pegasus and your other books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reads. I'm interested in Pegasus and Plain Kate.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Plain Kate! I still haven't gotten it! I have Sweep volume one but haven't read it yet. Looks like you had a great week though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to get a hardcover copy of Plain Kate. I absolutely loved the story as well. I might be getting Pegasus this week so I'll be looking forward to seeing what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy Kathy Kathy.... ahhhhhhhhhh... you have Pegasus.... I wish I could be a member of your library.... your students are incredibly lucky to have someone who knows what books to get for the soul.

    Hmmmmm sighing at the sight of Pegasus.

    Aisle B mailbox

    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1568777018/in-my-mailbox-mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books, I want Pegasus so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a nice heavy fantasy reading experience ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am quite jealous of Pegasus. I hope you enjoy that one and the rest. I've also read mixed reviews. I'm still curious though :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you enjoyed Plain Kate, I did too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a new follower! I think Sweep looks pretty good. I hope you'll enjoy it! You can find me blogging here http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read a lot of mixed reviews for Pegasus as well. I loved Sunshine by McKinley so I might give it a shot. I also want to read Plain Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cover for Pegasus, so I loved to read it. I hope you enjoy it.

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I have Pegasus in transit from my library system. I hope it's good. I haven't read any reviews for it yet.

    I'm so happy to hear about the new printing of Crown Duel--with extra scenes!!! I love that book. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!