Saturday, November 20, 2010

In My YA Mailbox (Nov. 21, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was an extremely unusual week for me. I didn't buy a book. However, that does not mean that my mailbox was empty. I got a huge number of ebooks for review.

From NetGalley, I received these and had them sent to my Kindle.
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky -- This one comes out May 23, 2011.
My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent -- This one comes out Dec. 28, 2010.
Pack of Lies by Laura Anne Gilman -- This one comes out Jan. 11, 2011.
The Genius Files: Mission Unstoppable by Dan Gutman -- This one comes out Jan. 25, 2011.
Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell -- This ones comes out Jan. 3, 2011.
The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell -- This one comes out March 7, 2011.

And, as if this wasn't enough, I got an email from Simon and Schuster asking if I would like to be part of their Galley Grab program. I said "yes" and then found out that the books would be Adobe Digital Editions. This is less desirable than Kindle books because I don't really like to read novels on my computer. But the books sounded really good.
Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell -- This one comes out March 22, 2011.
Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton -- This one comes out Feb. 22, 2011.
Choker by Elizabeth Woods -- This one comes out Jan. 4, 2011.

And, wait, there are still more. 
I received another email today from Simon & Schuster listing more eARCs. I have been hearing good things about A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull and decided to add that one to my review schedule too. It comes out March 15, 2011. (There were lots more books listed but I managed to restrain myself. ;-))

I also chose Savannah Grey by Cliff McNish from NetGalley. I was disappointed to see that I couldn't get it for my Kindle but did add it to my Adobe Digital Editions. This one was published on Feb. 4, 2010 and somehow I missed it. Because it has already been published I must push it to the bottom of the TBR stack until I catch up on titles that are coming out in the near future. But I like a good ghost story and can't wait to read it.

My calendar is currently full of dates when I want to have reviews posted. My plan is to try to post my review about one week before the book is published. Let's see if I can keep to the plan.

That is my overfull mailbox. What did you get this week?


15 comments:

  1. Great mailbox this week! I really want to read Darkness Becomes Her. I hope you enjoy all of the books you received this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really coveting The Vespertine - I look forward to hearing what you have to say about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also got some books from Netgalley but I'm having problems catching with my reading.

    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Awesome books. Awaken and Vespertine look really good. Enjoy all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I pre-ordered Choker this morning! It looks awesome, hope you enjoy it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How come I didn't receive a link for Ten Miles Past Normal? :X I'd love to read that one too...

    I can't wait to read one of those books though. My eLibrary is bustling right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got that galley grab email too. Exciting! They are offering a lot of great books on there. Thankfully I've now got a Sony E-reader and the galley grab books are compatible with that.

    Hope you enjoy all your great books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Awaken, I'll read that soon:) GReat books you've got this week, enjoy them all!
    Here is my Mailbox

    And don't forget to check out my giveaway, ending on Nov 30th and open internationally, here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh... Tricksters Girl is one I'm going to read and tour. I'm really excited!=)

    Overall, I am super jealous of all your 2011 release books!!=)

    Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice mailbox! The Vespertine was in my mailbox last week. Isn't that cover so much prettier than the one on Net Galley?

    I want to get My Soul to Steal, but first I have to read the rest of the series. :p I've heard so many good things about them so I can't wait to get started.


    Here's my Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoy all of the wonderful books you got this week! :D

    Happy Reading,
    Zakiya - My IMM this week

    Dont miss my new meme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic week in books! I've picked up quite a few of these as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you got some great books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh! A new Brandon Mull that I didn't know about! Thank you for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!