Saturday, November 27, 2010

In My YA Mailbox (Nov. 28, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.


I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This week my mailbox received only one lonely print book and two eARCs from Simon & Schuster's Galley Grab program. 


I got Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John this week. I had read so many great reviews and it seemed so different than the books I usually read that I had to have it.

This product description (and the title) really intrigued me.
The Challenge: Piper has one month to get the rock band Dumb a paying gig.


The Deal: If she does it, Piper will become the band's manager and get her share of the profits.


The Catch: How can Piper possibly manage one egomaniacal pretty boy, one talentless piece of eye candy, one crush, one silent rocker, and one angry girl? And how can she do it when she's deaf?


Piper can't hear Dumb's music, but with growing self-confidence, a budding romance, and a new understanding of the decision her family made to buy a cochlear implant for her deaf baby sister, she discovers her own inner rock star and what it truly means to be a flavor of Dumb.
These are the ones I got from Galley Grab (Thank you, Simon & Schuster, for asking me to be part of this program.):
Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann is the first book that I will have read by her. This book will be published on Feb. 8. 2011 and is being described as creepy, mysterious and completely absorbing.

Wither by Lauren DeStefano is a debut novel that will be published on March 22, 2011. Lisa McMann has blurbed this and says "Creepy and elegant, shocking and romantic, dreadful and rewarding, and delivers unexpected twists."


It looks like I have some daytime reading in my future. "Creepy" doesn't sound like bedtime reading to me. 


It's nice to have a quiet week once in a while to catch up on some of the books that have been stacking up on my YA TBR pile. What ended up in your mailbox this week? 


19 comments:

  1. Awesome books. Cryer's Cross looks good. Hope you enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great book week. I am intrigued by The Flavours of Dumb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read ALL of those books! Can hardly wait to see your reviews!

    Here is the link to mine....

    http://jamielovesya.blogspot.com/2010/11/in-my-mailbox-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard great things about those books. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wither is a fantastic read. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab books this week. Hope you enjoy them! My mailbox is here.
    Come and link reviews of books with a Winter theme on this week's Read My American Review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome books! I am dying to read Wither. I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good haul! I'm looking forward to your reviews, especially of Five Flavors of Dumb. That one has caught my eye recently.

    Here's my Mailbox this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cryer's Cross looks amazing! Hope you enjoy all your picks this week! My IMM is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/2010/11/27/in-my-mailbox-kinda-9/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going to look up Wither now. Hope Five Flavors of Dumb lives up to the roar of "YES". Enjoy girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books!

    Happy reading!

    If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-

    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/11/imm-13-deb-week.html

    And don’t forget to enter my book-a-week giveaway!

    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/11/second-hand-saturday-3.html

    Blessings,

    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cryer's Cross, Wither, and Five Flavors of Dumb all sound really good. They're all on my wishlist already. I hope you enjoy them all! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wither and Cryer's Cross are both on the way to me (to borrow) and I'm anxious to read both of them!
    Five Flavors is one I've also been wanting to read :)

    My IMM Vlog is here: http://www.candacesbookblog.com/2010/11/in-my-mailbox-36-vlog.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to read Wither! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cover of Wither! I hope you enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, great IMM! Have fun reading!

    Have you seen my 350 Page Books Challenge for 2011? You should sign up!

    http://whatsyourstorybookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/11/350-page-books-2011-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeay! I love IMM. My to-reads list is growing by leaps and bounds today!!! Hope you will stop by mine!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I passed the Versatile Blogger Award onto you. You can check it out here if you'd like: http://bit.ly/gUOj3d

    ReplyDelete
  19. Five Flavors of Dumb is getting rave reviews! I also have Cryer's Cross from Galley Grab and it keeps calling to me! Wither looks awesome, too! Great reads! Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!