Sunday, November 7, 2010

In My YA Mailbox (Nov. 7, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.
I accepted Scourge by David H. Burton for review after being contacted by the author. This is a new middle grade steampunk story that will be published soon. Mr. Burton send me an eARC for my Kindle.

I also received Grounded by Kate Klise for review. This is another middle grade title.

My long awaited copy of Virals by Kathy Reichs arrived this week too. I am a fan of her adult work. This is her YA Debut novel.

Then, apparently because that wasn't enough for one week, I went browsing at NetGalley and chose the following books for review:
Raising Dragons by Bryan Davis because I have a soft spot for dragons an The Trouble with Chickens by Doreen Cronin because I have loved all of her other books.
I also got a copy of Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I was excited about the premise of this book and look forward to reading it.

I also purchased Adversary by Kate Kaynak for my Kindle. I really enjoyed Minder and want to continue the story. 

Those were the additions to my TBR stack and my Kindle this week. What did you get?


29 comments:

  1. You got a great stack of books this week! I'd be most excited about Delirium (I'm dying to read it). Hope you enjoy them all!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Delirium. Hope you enjoy all of your books! My mailbox is here.
    Come and link reviews of books with a Coming of Age theme on this week's Read My Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh Delirium. I am jealous. I don't know what Ground is about, but the cover is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! I also got Delirium and can't wait to start it! I hope you enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok... why does Scourge look so much like Airborn and Leviathan? Are flying air-ships the new vampires? I have heard Delirium is absolutely Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, you got so many fantastic books! Delirium looks spectaular, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your review for it. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books, I loved Delirium I hope you like it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some great stuff! The Trouble with Chickens was hilarious. Scourge looks very good, and I so want to read Virals! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for picking up my book, Raising Dragons. I hope you enjoy it. :-)

    Bryan Davis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delirium!! I can't wait to hear what you thought!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set of books. The Trouble With Chickens cover is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good review list, enjoy Kathy and thanks so much for stopping by my post earlier today too!

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    Oh, what a great week for you! I'd kill for a copy of VIRALS and DELIRIUM, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a lot of books! Delirium was AMAZING! I'm sure I'll even reread it before it's released, it was soooo good! I've had an ARC of Virals here and I still haven't found time to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delirium is an amazing book! I hope you enjoy it and the others as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books this week - will keep an eye out for your review of Virals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You got a great collection this week!

    Grounded looks interesting - a deep topic for younger readers...I'll be interested to hear what you think about it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. scourge looks really cool! i hadn't seen it before! i love steampunk! the trouble with chickens looks so cute! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on getting Delirium, it's hitting the blogs and great reviews too.

    Kathy Reichs' Viral is enticing and is this her first foray into YA??

    Have a great read Kathy :)
    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1502566882/in-my-mailbox-mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've heard a lot of great things about Delirium. Also Virals looks interesting too. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great selection of books. They all look great. Happy Reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox
    and don't forget to enter the giveaway

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! This looks like a great selection! I'm waiting to get Delirium. Its on my giant TBR pile lol. I had a MG novel IMM this week http://blog.juliealindsey.com/ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My sister and I also have Delirium and are really excited to read it! Hope you like it! Great books and happy reading!

    -leslie:)
    booksandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dragons fascinate me to no end so Raising Dragons is a book I should look into!=)

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, you really have some awesome books! Check out mine:

    http://the-bookaholics.blogspot.com/2010/11/in-my-mailbox-8-thank-you-valorie.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Delirium is a fantastic book! I hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, you got Delirium! Hope you like it. It's on my wishlist. :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Virals loioks so good! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!