Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Beautiful Darkness by Garcia and Stohl

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My teaser is from the same book that I found a teaser from last week. I got sidetracked and didn't get a chance to begin Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl until Sunday night. Now I am well into the book and really enjoying it. 


My teaser is from page 240 and it made me smile:
Forget the fact that All Souls Day was actually a Catholic holiday that took place in November. In Gatlin, we had our own way of doing things. So we turned it into our own day of remembrance, guilt, and general competition over who could pile the most plastic flowers and angels on our ancestors' graves.

15 comments:

  1. I've heard this is such a great book to read. Great teaser choice :) You can find my teaser at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser! The authors have a beautiful writing style. I admired it in the first book, but I just couldn't get into the characters or the story. I set it aside but I'll give it another go one day. Thanks for visiting my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser. I look forward to your review of this book. I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good teaser, I still haven't decided if I am going to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! :) I enjoyed Beautiful Darkness and I hope you enjoy it too.

    Here's my teaser: http://shusky20.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-hollow-by-jessica.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you're enjoying it! That's such a great teaser and definitely describes the people of Gatlin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha satiric, like that one! I'm on page 130 now thanks for not giving away anything of the further actions:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser. Made me smile too (:

    You can read my teaser here.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still haven't gotten to this one -- but it's on the TBR list! Nice teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! I have both of these novels in my tbr pile and I can't wait to get to them both. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have to read these, but I was having a hard time getting into Beautiful Creatures. I am curious to see how you like this one.

    Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the tone of the teaser. Sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot wait to start this series! I have an award for you here: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2010/11/life-is-good-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!