Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Choker by Elizabeth Woods

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My teaser this week is from a book I got from Simon & Schuster's Galley Grab program. Choker by Elizabeth Woods is a thriller by a debut author. The book will be published on January 4, 2011. The book description is very brief. "What if the only friend you could trust turned out to be dangerous?"


Here is my teaser:
Cara saw the flash of movement again during Mr. Crawford's English class. All day, she'd been seeing it -- a faint impression of something just inside her peripheral vision.
I enjoyed this book very much. The author had me fooled for most of the story. You should add it to your wishlist if you like taut, psychological thrillers. 

7 comments:

  1. This one definitely sounds promising. Great teaser! I love thrillers although the tend to keep me up at night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Christina - I was up most of last night because I couldn't put down an In Death novel. This teaser does sound fun.
    My teaser for today is from How to Wed a Baron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taut psychological thriller where the author manages to fool you? I already had it on my TBR, but your comments have just move it up in priority.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my teaser from The Wolves of Andover by Kathleen Kent (Page 8):

    Martha saw it all clear in that moment: this was the instant her place in the family would be decided. If she lost her footing at the outset, she would forever be dealt with as no more than a servant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! You just made me want to read this RIGHT NOW, as it's one of three YA's that I picked up from Galley Grab! Soon, since it's out in January! Thanks for sharing your teaser! Here's mine: http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-november-30-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! I want this one! What a great sounds book! I love the question for the description and your teaser make it sound fantastic!

    Thanks for sharing and dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, you convinced me. I hadn't picked it up yet from the Galley Grab because the description was so cryptic, but I'll go get it! Love that teaser! My Teaser is from Firelight, and I've got a giveaway going on, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!