Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Beginning: The Genius Files: Mission Unstoppable

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages 


Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. 


If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.


I just began the eARC of The Genius Files: Mission Unstoppable by Dan Gutman. I recently read and enjoyed another book by Gutman - Nightmare at the Book Fair - so I was pleased when I saw that this title was available at NetGalley. The book will be published on Jan. 25, 2011.


Here is the opening sentence:
There were ten items on Coke McDonald's to-do list on June 17, but JUMP OFF A CLIFF was not one of them.
Coke also has a twin sister named Pepsi. Seems they both jump off a cliff for reasons I have yet to determine. I just started the book and I am eager to find out why they did that. This is starting out well for a fun, middle grade novel.


3 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this book before ... so thank you ;)
    Happy reading !! Personnally I'm reading Shiver by Maggie Stievfater (it's great) !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dan Gutman books. And I had never heard of NetGalley before. I just signed up. And I'm looking forward to this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this one sounds delightful...Coke and Pepsi!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine:

    http://snowconnections.wordpress.com/2010/12/31/friday-memes-beginnings-friday-56-12-31/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!