Saturday, December 11, 2010

In My YA Mailbox (Dec. 12, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I got books from a variety of sources this week. I bought these:
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins -- This one got such glowing reviews on such a large number of blogs that I had to buy it. It sounds completely amazing.

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead has been on my wishlist since I finished Spirit Bound. I pre-ordered it as soon as it became available for pre-order. I am very eager to get a chance to read this conclusion to the Vampire Academy series. 

I got these books for review this week:
Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers was sent to my by the publisher. It will be the first book I have read by this author. It is the story of a girl's search for answers after her father commits suicide. It sounds really good. I need to do a quick read and review of this one. The book will be published on Dec. 21, 2010.

Wither by Lauren DeStefano is a print copy of a book that I already had the Adobe Digital Edition for. I was glad to get the print version from the publisher because I really don't like to read whole novels from my computer screen. I am eager to read this one because it has gotten glowing endorsements from a number of well-respected young adult authors. The book isn't out until March 22, 2011.

Last, I added a couple of free books to my Kindle.

Jackson Jones, Book 1: The Tale of a Boy, an Elf, and a Very Stinky Fish by Jenn Kelly is a middle grade novel about a young boy who wants to be a hero. 


Merlin's Harp by Anne Elliot Crompton is an Arthurian fantasy that has been reissued by Sourcebooks. I thought it sounded interesting enough to download a copy to my Kindle for reading "someday".

That was my week. What interesting things did you get this week?



22 comments:

  1. Oooh...Anna and Last Sacrifice! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books this week! I just got Anna too but it's under the tree right now. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing book week. I have nearly all of those on my wishlist. Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED both Last Sacrifice and Anna and the French Kiss- two of my favorites. I really want to read Wither. I look forward to your reviews and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These two books keep popping up all over so Anna & The French Kiss and Last Sacrifice are the "Hot Reads" for sure, enjoy all your loot Kathy!

    My Mail box was full this week

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wither and Last Sacrifice! Girl you done good :)

    Have a fantastic read and hope Mead's last book measures up completely.

    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/2182514721/in-my-mailbox-mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, awesome books! I really want to read ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books! I'm actually pretty curious about Merlin's Harp. I'll be looking forward to reading your review.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! I want all those books, esp Fall for Anything and Wither. I hope they are as good as they look.

    Great IMM. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fall for Anything is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.

    && I'm kind of jealous about Anna & the French Kiss, not gonna lie. I've heard such great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ANNA and FALL FOR ANYTHING...what an awesome haul with just those two books. Can't wait to read both of those! Hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just went to an Anna signing and met Steph, it was awesome!

    Happy reading!

    If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-

    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/
    Merry Christmas!
    Gabrielle Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, you're so lucky to have Last Sacrifice, I can't wait to receive my copy and read it =)
    Happy reading ! Thanks for your comment on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sound of Wither, and Anna totally rocks. Hope you enjoy them all :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've got some great books. I love Anna and the french kiss and Last Sacrifice! Happy reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also got ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS this week! Hope you enjoy it! Lots of great books this week!

    Have a look what I got this week! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I downloaded Merlin's Harp as well. Looks like it will be a good read. Happy Reading. Check out what I got In My Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You got some awesome books! I hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My copy of Last Sacrifice didn't come! I was so upset! I checked my mailbox eagerly everyday! It should get here tomorrow though!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the book covers for Anna and the French Kiss, and Wither!

    I also love your award free comment above :)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. There are three really awesome books in that pile! Anna, Wither and Fall For Anything are just spectacular. I hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!