Sunday, December 19, 2010

In My YA Mailbox (Dec. 19, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun. (Kristi is taking a few weeks off. There won't be a new linky for IMM posts until sometime in the new year.) 
 
Posting my new titles is one way for me to be accountable. So I am making this post even though I won't be able to link it up at Kristi's site.

I got just a couple of books this week.
Wish by Alexandra Bullen was offered for free this week for my Kindle. I had a print copy of the book but donated it to my HS Media Center before I had a chance to read it. Now I can read it when I find some time.

Black Hole Sun by David Macinnis Gill came to my attention when I read on someone's blog that it was a young adult science fiction book. True science fiction is pretty rare in the YA field. I like adult science fiction and wanted to give this one a try.

Lost Voices by Sarah Porter is an eARC from NetGalley. I have started to see some reviews around for this book even though it won't be published until July 4, 2011. It sounds fascinating.

That was my mailbox this week. What did you get?


12 comments:

  1. Happy reading !! I love the cover of Lost Voices !! I hope you'll enjoy all your books !! Here's my IMM if you'd like to take a look at it : onceuponaquote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab books this week. I like the sound of Black Hole Sun. Hope you enjoy all of them! My mailbox is here.
    Come and link reviews of books with a Scifi theme on this week's Read My Scifi Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have lost voices too.. but I haven't started it yet :)

    Sarah
    That Bookish Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost Voices sounds interesting. Might need to try requesting that one myself!

    Here's my IMM

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books, I really want to read Wish and Lost Voices. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard Black Hole Sun is fantastic! Hope you enjoy all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mailbox this week- I've had my eye on Lost Voices. I hope you are enjoying your break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Black Hole Sun out of the library right now and keep meaning to read it as I've heard great things. I need to get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought about getting Wish too, because I liked the sound of it. But free books on Amazon are never free internationally, so I skipped it. I will look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read Lost Voices. Hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lost Voices is great! :D Awesome books this week. Enjoy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read Lost Voices it's on my 2011 Debut Author Challenge list;) I'm so happy Netgalley has it! You have some great books this week.

    Thanks!
    Steph M.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!