Monday, December 27, 2010

Review: Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey

Out for Blood
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
Publication: Walker Books for Young Readers (December 21, 2010)


Description: Hunter Wild is the youngest in a long line of elite vampire hunters, a legacy that is both a blessing and a curse at the secret Helios-Ra Academy, where she excels at just about everything. Thanks to her friendship with Kieran Black, Hunter receives a special invitation to attend the coronation of Helena Drake, and for the first time, she sees the difference between vampires that must be hunted and vampires that can become friends-or even more. When students at the academy fall victim to a mysterious illness, Hunter suspects they are under attack
from within. She will need someone she can trust to help her save the future of Helios-Ra . . . help that shockingly comes in the form of Quinn Drake, a drop-dead gorgeous vampire. Who said senior year would be easy?



My Thoughts: I enjoyed this third adventure in the Drake series. This time the focus is on Quinn who is one of the twins. He is a ladies man and loves it. But then he meets Hunter Wild who is from a famous Helios Ra family and a student at the Helios Ra high school. She is smart, kick ass and not at all prejudiced against vampires. She knows that there are both good and bad vampires. Her grandfather, however, is of the opinion that the only good vampire is a dead vampire.


Hunter and Quinn are fascinated with each other. Quinn is worried though because she is human and he is a young vampire. He does have the example of his sister who is dating a human and who is an even younger vampire. Hunter is confident in her ability to defend herself if necessary and also trusts Quinn.


The Hel-Blar are being very active. They seem to be targeting the school. Hunter and Quinn fight off lots of their attacks. The school is also having some problems with a flu-like academic and students taking odd pills. Hunter and Quinn investigate to try to find out what is making the students sick and why the school seems to be attracting the Hel-Blar.


I liked that we got a chance to catch up with characters from the earlier books in the series. We got to see some of Lucy and Solange along with their boyfriends Kieran and Nicholas. 


Favorite Quote:
"Am not." Quinn wasn't my type anyway. Not that I knew what my type was. Still, I was sure pretty boys who knew they were pretty weren't it.
Check out the rest of the series here.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite series going right now. I think Harvey does a great job making each book somewhat unique. I also like that she focuses on different characters but doesn't lose the ability to still show others that had already had their story.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!