Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers. This book will be published on Dec. 21, 2010. 

Here is the book description from Amazon: When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Culler seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on...but are some questions better left unanswered?

Here is my teaser:
I reach across his desk and rest my hands on the note he left, which has stayed there since we found it. I run my fingers over the paper, crumpled from Mom's grasp before she set it back and smoothed it out as much as she could, pretending it hadn't been touched or read.
This book is emotionally intense. It is told by Eddie as she tries to come to grips with her father's suicide. Look for my review next Tuesday. 

15 comments:

  1. Great teaser- yes, this book does look intense, but it sounds like a great read. I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the title and the teaser it's going on my TBR list! Thanks!

    My teaser this week is from The Ghost of Christmas Past, one of the novellas contained in A Magical Christmas Present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I'm adding this book to my wishlist!

    Here's my teaser of Deadly by Julie Chibbaro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for stopping by The Enchanted Book! Your teaser does sound intense, but it sounds very interesting too.

    Have a great one!

    Selena
    http://theenchantedbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm absolutely dying to read this book. Great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for coming by my blog today!

    The image that your teaser brings to my mind is so vivid to me. It reminds me of my own long ago notes that had been crumpled and smoothed out for one reason or another. It does make you want to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, that is so sad! I definitely have to read some Courtney Summers. Fall for Anything sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting Teaser! Makes me wonder what happened before that. Love your blog! *follows*

    and thanks for commenting on:
    http://unputdownablebookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds heavy. Thanks for the great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you are enjoying your book. Wanna see what my Teaser for Tuesday is?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book seems absolutely great !! =) Great teaser !! Here's mine if you'd like to take a look at it : onceuponaquote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I can't wait to get my hands on this one :) Only a few days left...

    You can read my teaser at Pineapples & Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many hints that leave questions and the need to read more! I wouldn't start this novel for it's cover, but I really like your teaser.Thanks!
    Here is my Teaser!

    And don't forget to check out my giveaway. You can choose 1 out of 6 2011 release novels to pre-order. It ends Jan 3rd and is open internationally. Just click...HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sad, Can't wait for your review on this book

    My Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!