Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My teaser this week is from Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell. This book will be published Jan. 4, 2011.


This is a story that is part science fiction and part magic that takes place in 2098. Kelsa is reeling from her father's death when she meets a beautiful boy who needs her to believe in magic and undertake a quest with him to try to heal the Earth from the damage done by humankind and especially by bio-terrorists who have unleashed a biological weapon which is killing the rain forests and working its way north to kill all other trees too. The beautiful boy is Raven, a trickster god from a dimension that is also threatened by the damage done to the Earth.


The teaser:
"You have a very dirty mind," he said. "Not that I object to that. It's the fact that you don't believe in magic that's going to make this difficult."
I just finished this book and really liked it. I recommend adding it to your wishlist.

7 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I have an ARC of this book and I'm planning to pick it up soon!

    Here's my teaser: http://shusky20.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesdays-other-side-of-dark-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds unique...glad you enjoyed it.

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/12/07/teaser-tuesdays-dec-7/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha wonder what they're doing? Great teaser this week. Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome teaser! I may have to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that's definitely intriguing! Will have to look into this book now! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fun read. I hope that you are enjoying your book. Check out My Teaser for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!