Friday, January 28, 2011

Book Beginning: The Unfinished Song: Initiate by Tara Maya

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages 


Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. 


If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.


My beginning this week is from a fantasy that I received recently from a new author. The Unfinished Song: Initiate by Tara Maya is available as an ebook and a print book from Amazon. This story is a mashup of a wide variety of cultures and traditions with magic added. 


It was an entertaining light read. I found the world engaging and the two main characters (whose stories are told in alternating sections and who meet each other only briefly) interesting.
Dindi scanned the crowd, hoping to slip into the plaza unnoticed.
This sets the scene for us and introduces a young girl who is trying to avoid the attention of her aunt. 

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty cover! Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like the sound of this one...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!