Sunday, January 2, 2011

In My YA Mailbox (Jan. 2, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Even though Kristi is taking a break from IMM for a while, I decided to keep posting what I get.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was a very slow week for young adult books because I have been away from home. Since most of the YAs I get are print books (so that I can donate them to my Media Centers after I read them) pickings were slim.

I did get these two ebooks:
Don't Die Dragonfly by Linda Joy Singleton was free for the Kindle today. It came out in 2004 and I see that there are two more books available in the series too.

Perilous by Tamara Hart Heiner - Ms. Heiner approached me to help her get some publicity for her first book. I bought an ebook to read and a print copy to give away. Ms. Heiner will be guest posting and talking about journaling on my blog on January 10. My review will be posted on Jan. 6. I thought it was very much a "first book" but I see some possibilities for the author.

That was my week. What did you get in your mailbox? Leave a link and I'll get back to you when I get back home this evening.






5 comments:

  1. Happy reading !! I hope you'll njoy these two books !! Here's my IMM if you'd like to take a look at it : onceuponaquote.blogspot.com !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't hear of those two, hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books, these are both new to me but sound like really good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't die dragonfly seems so creepy but intriguing at the same time. Happy reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious about Don't Die Dragonfly. I've been curious about it for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!